Why do people hate male pop singers?

Wondered this for years. I'm more of an alternative/indie type of person. However, I went through a 1D phase, mostly because the fandom was a very humorous group and I ended up kinda liking them a lot once I watched their videos and stuff. However, why do people hate popstars like Justin Bieber, One Direction, all the teen music stuff. Obviously, Justin Bieber has done stuff to make you hate him but LONG before, people just hated him, simply for existing. I hated him, because everyone else did, but I realized that's a very stupid reason. People are just always calling them gay, which I don't find to be an insult and disgraces to the human race. A guy may of never even heard of some popstar and will see that his fanbase is mainly young girls and he is instantly garbage. Why does it bother you what teenage/preteen girls listen to and scream over? Okay, their music may not be your thing or terrible to you but everyone's got stuff they hate but they don't wish death on those who make that type of music. I mean, usually it's not even people I listen to so I'm not even offended that someone dissed an idol, I just really don't get why you have to hate people and wish death on people who 1. You don't know. 2. Doesn't effect you. 3. Makes people happy. A lot of them even donate a lot of money, visit fans in hospitals and I just don't get what is so infuriating about young guys going after their dreams, even if they do suck. It's not like you're jealous, why do you care what excites an 11 year old girl? Some say their ruining music but they typically stay in their own genres and the people who say it always claim that they listen to rock music or heavy metal, rap music. Just anything but those people. Often times they have NO idea who they are so why hate them? Such ridiculous negativity. I just don't get it I guess. It just seems like they do it for the hell of it? It doesn't really effect me, I just truly DO NOT understand. What's the point?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not that people hate male pop singers, it's that they hate any white male who is successful. There isn't one successful white man in American who isn't roundly hated by the majority of people. It's just resentment, because white men are seen as being the Great Satan by minorities, feminists, and social justice warriors.

This is so true. I honestly can't think of a single white guy who isn't greatly resented.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because they wish girls were falling over them instead of the popstar. I love Justin and 1D and so many of my guy friends / boyfriend dog on them. I don't really care to be honest , they never have a legit reason on why they don't like them, so I just go with pure jealousy. If they actually sat and listened to their music they would see that have quite a lot of bops. And also boy bands and pop singers are more gravitated towards girls anyways ( when a girl listens to their music they think " I wish a guy would say this to me.")

I'm not asking anyone to like them, or really do anything. I've just always wondered what there is to be upset about. There are serial killers, rapists, bigots, but the group of people that irk you is some group of guys making music for young girls? Really? I don't truly care either, just something I've always wondered, because there is always someone who has to say something nasty, what a waste of energy. I think in a few cases, not all, it is jealously that maybe stems from a younger age with other groups and idols and just thinking of them. Lots of girls dislike Kylie... I don't know other women because they make them fell inadequate. I get it, I do, but I do not understand the hatred.

Honestly going through these comments from guys, I'd say they just have no reason. "They are pussy boy and that why" is most certainly not a reason to hate on anyone, but there's always going to be that one person who doesn't like you no matter what.

I agree. It just seems like a huge waste of energy.

What Guys Said 15

• They are pussy boy bands that's why

They aren't really hurting you personally. That's a silly reason to me, but okay, you've got that right.

I have to go I will say more later

I dont hate but they do annoy me. They are so fake hearted phonys. You can see why males dislike them. First of all they are grown men on stage acting like teens and singing in a very soft tone to move women. They play off females making all there money off of teen girls and female kids. They suck up to the females by flirting and singing in soft tones. I have seen them in person call out kids one girl looked like she was 10 years old while the lead singer held her hand looking right into her eyes singing romantically to her as she looked to be in total awe. Its a bunch of fake ass bs to me boy bands and yet you back them. Shakes my head

• This is the longest post in gag history to apologize for Justin Beiber. I kinda wish I had an award to give you in all honesty

I don't really care about JB. Plus, all my GAG posts are long, I like to be thorough, it avoids confusion. I don't get hating people for the sole reason of them existing.

• Maybe a bit of jealousy - Guys getting all the attention from the girls

• People hate because these pretty boys get all the ladies and attention and fame and money!
    Without being masculine! 😂

I never hated Justin Beiber, but one direction I didn't like them too much (their music wasn't that great to me). Maroon5 never gets too much hate either I don't know why, all their songs sound the same to me 😂

I do like a few back street boys and In sync
    Songs from back in the day
    Like "I want it that way"

Maroon5 is safe because they aren't a boyband. I loved One Direction, I'm guilty, I loved their music and how funny they actually were. But people just always gave me a hard time about it so I NEVER talked about it because there was apparently something wrong with liking popular music. It's funny because I was known amongst friends for having a good music taste because I usually didn't listen to stuff like that. But it opened my eyes to how nasty some people are, something about a successful, young man who liked to sing just infuriated people. Like how does someone, whose fans are 11, 14, 17 years old, hurt you at all? But I think it is an insecurity for a lot of people because they "aren't supposed to like that stuff" and maybe their inner 12 year old boy is jealous. But girls tend to do it too. I've just never understood it.

Yeah its definitely jealousy!
      When I was 13, I wished I was JB, at the time, my crush was obsessed with him lol!
      But I was never jealous of boy bands, or hated on people for what music they listened to.

Yeah, people envy these celebrities and thats not healthy

• I dislike all pop singers, they rarely have talent. More of an underground music type person. But us never wish death on anyone so I don't understand that.

Yeah, I mean, I get not liking pop, I just don't understand why they're hated for reasons other than their music. That's just super stupid.

• without reading that wall of text...

I don't hate them, I'm just not into their music and even less in the way they present it.
    But it's the same with female pop singers... just not as bad because I like the female voice more

Sorry, like my posts long, avoids confusion. I like your reason though. All the right to dislike someone, I'm talking about those people who are like "they don't deserve to be on this earth"

that's just... silly.

Sorry, didn't really feel like, I figured the people who didn't want to read it, wouldn't. Regardless of what it looks like.

For real dude... MY EYES!🤓

• i hate the female ones too.

Yeah but why? Okay, they're annoying, you have all the right to hate them but then there are people who are like enraged because they're successful, regardless of talent or not. Just seems like a weird thing to hate someone for.

• I don't hate any singer
    I like some songs of Justin Bieber

• male hookers pretending to be perfect men making unperfect normal men life a mess

... that logic is just... terrible.

- __- dunno why you act so offended over my opinion by oook
      bye

Not offended, I just don't see a correlation. It's no need to get butt hurt over someone's fame and disrespect people who haven't done anything to you just because of lack of success with women. I couldn't careless if popstars bother you, I just think the reasoning is really stupid. That's all. Toodles!

• I can't think of a single one whose music isn't trash.

• Does OneRepublic count as pop? If so than I guess I don't hate pop singers

• They are proof positive that looks trump everything to women... even lack of talent

uve been trumped bitch

I usually don't look at what singers look at honestly, but regardless, I think it's a silly reason to despise people because it isn't really their fault that 11 year olds like them

• Society slams guys who are popular with girls without following the rules of conventional masculinity.

I am personally suspicious we're raised to do this, because societies that turned into preening contests among men collapsed, and the cultures that did well (which are the cultures we've grown up in) were ones that channeled male drive for mates in more productive ways.

I really admire people who say "Yeah, I'm a guy who likes justin bieber/shawn mendes/one direction" just because they aren't scared of looking gay. Or just simply saying "I don't listen to them but I have no problem with them" because there is no reason to spread negativity with something so simple. I do think it is a part of society that says you must hate them and I just think it is silly to comply to it. But a lot of girls are shamed for liking it too. I was and I didn't see the point, what's wrong with liking popular things?

I don't... have any problem with them, really.

And I don't care if girls like them.

But maybe there is an issue. The issue is the fact that more and more young men sit at home playing video games and not growing up. Marriage and kids and a desire to achieve those things changes men. It pushes them to be more integrated... with family, with outsiders, with their community. It pushes them to work more, produce more. Most successful cultures channeled young men into being productive and integrated and 'marriageable' and being marriageable was a big part of why men strove for it. We're losing that. It's working at the top, guys who are successful are still acting that same way. But guys who are poorer or less successful? They don't see marriage in the cards. Many of them barely see dating in the cards. They think girls just want pretty guys with abs. 50 years ago, most probably believed lots of women wanted a decent guy with a decent okay job. So they drop out, basically.

I don't think people realize that a lot of women still do just want a decent guy with a decent job. More than anything, I think right now, they want guys who look good, not just naturally. Nice haircut, nice outfit. Well groomed. So yes appearance matters but they just want a guy who dresses it up. Which guys used to do and don't do anymore. I don't think they know the effect that it has. Not talking about completely swagging out, but not basketball shorts and sneakers so much.

• I like them and mot's guys I know think there songs are catchy and cool. If they say they hate them it's usually a joke it's not that serious. Guys don't hate on famous guys in general were not like Girls especially after we mature

I know it's usually in a joking manner but I think it is very childish to say nasty things about anyone just because teenage girls like them or they make music they don't like

• i dont like female pop singers either. i just dont like that kind of stuff, i don't get the appeal

That's fine, I just mean the people who act like they don't deserve to live just because they don't make music you like. That's very childish.

That's irrelevant to this conversation but good day, thanks for commenting.

actually it perfectly is. and good day mam

What Girls Said 5

• Lmao the only people who hate on Justin are the people who are jealous of his voice and talent. Same with most other singers.

It's not even that I like those people it is just INCREDIBLY childish to hate people who haven't really done anything but make music you don't like and have young fans.

• I'm not sure.

• i don't hate them, i think they're too underrated... just bcoz they're singing pop song, people will assume they can't sing, use auto tune yada yada. every people have their own preference i think

• i've always wondered that myself

• Pop music is for teenage girls. Strike one.
    Male pop stars are either effeminate or gay. Strike two.
    They don't have boobs and a pussy. Strike three.

They're out!

(And that's as much as I know about baseball 😂)

I guess, it just seems very pathetic to hate (like wishing death and insulting their entire existence) people because you don't like their music. There are worse people alive.