Do you ever listen to a song or album and remember what you were going through when you you first listened to it?

It's crazy how memories attach themselves to things like music. These are very happy memories, but that's okay.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Saviour by Rise Against was very timely for me, as I was going through a bad break up with a guy who'd gone completely off the deep end.

What Guys Said 16

• Yes, all the time!

• SometI messed I can even remember smells and think I can actually smell it

• I went a kinda yes - I was going out with a single mother who had an 8 year old daughter at the height of "High School Musical" so I had the pleasure of watching it 20 times a day with each song being looped 5 times.

• This is why I don't frequently listen to pop/rock music released from 1997, 1998, & 1999. I was a very troubled teenager at the time. Some of those songs I can associate with more recent, more positive memories, but most of them I can't.

• That indeed happens with a lot of my favourite music that comes from the GTA series.

• i used to listen to albums of AC/DC when playing playstation 2 every time i put on the album i remember the good times i had.

• Nope

• Oh yeah, all the time!

• nope, never lol

there are very few songs where I have any specific memories attached to it

• Oh yeah like when I was in jr high that age

I remember that music so well even if I didn't love the song

• on occasion

• It's only natural. There is a scientific explanation for it. I forgot how it exactly works but look it up.

• Yeah some songs I don't listen to from old cds because of that same reason

• I do that with podcasts, not music.

• Yes. Some song still bring chills

• 0|0

What Girls Said 9

• Yeah at least in the past it doesn't happen too often now because all I do is listen to old songs that I use to love instead of all of the crap that plays on the radio today...

Yeah, I seldom ever listen to the radio. Only if I happen to be in a car without headphones

• Yes, all the time! Music makes me think about life and all the moments I have gone through.
    It's powerful and magic!

• Oh definitely. Also when I eat certain foods... or wear certain clothing.

• Yes but only sometimes and only for certain songs that have a lot of meaning to me.

• Oh definitely.

• yess aural association is powerful

• Yes, a lot. They always bring back memory.

• All the time, it's not a good feeling for me

• Yeah, I love to see how far I've come