Girls, Ladies, what are some romance book recommendations?

Anything that gives you the feels. It could be traditional like Jane Austen novels, or modern and erotic like Bared to You and 50 Shades of Grey. I'm just looking for something new to read. Whatever you suggest, make sure to tell me where it is on the Jane Austen-50 Shades scale.

21

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 20

• I'm so glad you asked!! I'm here for you lmao
    I have a goodreads account where I get to follow reviews and decide which book I want to read... personally, I love smutty, YA books and I have a crap ton for you... just go on goodreads and look at the reviews to help you decide on which one (: ill categories them too!

Alpha/Bad Boy & Some forbidden love with a strong female heroine:
    - Bully (Fall Away #1) by Penelope Douglas
    - Corrupt (Devils Night#1) by Penelope Douglas

Werewolf Smutt and emotionally wrecking books:
    -The Mating (Law of the Lycans) by Nickey Charles
    -Bonded (Law of the Lycans) by Nicky Charles

If you have a thing for angels or beings with wings/lab experiment and apocalypse:
    -Maximum Ride by James Patterson (no smutt)
    -Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days) by Susan Ee (no smutt)
    -Halo by Alexandria Adornetto
    - Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick (steamy)

If you want to explore some alien smutt:
    - Ice Planet Barbarians by Ruby Dixon

If you love fae romance:
    -Wings by Aprilynne Pike
    - Born at Midnight by C. C. Hunter
    -Hidden Monster by Amanda Strong
    -Need by Carrie Jones

If you like Princess books where a girl starts off as nothing but gets a surprise... and is tested:
    - The Selection by Kiera Cass

If you like some motorcycle love...
    - Reapers Property by Joanna Wylde

Some sexy pilot romance:
    -Playboy Pilot by Penelope Ward

I tried to spread out the types, but yea let me know if you are looking for a specific type! I've read so many but these are my favorites from each category (: let me know!

(Smutty means a lot of sex scenes)

I don't know how to add links or i totally would!!

I don't. I need to make one!

Let me know what your username is (:

• Nicholas Sparks is my favorite romance novelist. I recently finished reading Love, Rosie by Cecelia Adhern which I also enjoyed.

• Jane Eyre, Northanger Abbey, Wuthering Heights, Great Expectations, Nicolas Nickelby... Also there are these books like "love comes softly" they are set in the old west (hallmark even made a tv series about them). These are all basically on the Jane Austen side of things (I love 18c novels they are my fav!). Also there is safe haven and basically every Nicholas Sparks book ever.

I've read all of these but Nicolas Nickelby. Thanks for the suggestions!

• I liked some of James Patterson's books, I recently read letter's to Suzanne or something like that.

Thanks! I'll look into it!

• Dominated, Mastered, Enslaved by Maya Banks!!

The Submissive, The Dominant, the Training by Tara Sue Me...

The Crossfire series by Sylvia Day

Crossfire is one of my favorites. I've also read that Maya Banks series as well as another. I'll look into the Tara Sue Me books! Thanks!

Glad I could help =)

• Every book from Sandi Lynn she writes erotic. The most famous one is Forever Black. But they're all good for me. Also Colleen Hoover.

Oooh thanks! I'll look into these!

• I liked the book Austenland by Shannon Hale

• I really love the Kylie Scott series with Play, Lick, Lead , and Bass. They are contemporary romance and a little hott too lol. I also enjoyed Rule by Jay Crownover. It's a whole series as well. I like sweet girls winning over the tough guys. What do you like the most?

One of my favorites is the Real Series by Katy Evans! There's so many books that I like it's hard to choose!

• Lycan Lesbians is a good read if you're into that😉

Or you could go here and search thousands of books in that genre.
    https://www.goodreads.com/

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm really only into M/F. Thanks though!!

• Nicholas Sparks is always good

It's like modern day Jane Austen romance novels

Oooh I don't think I've read The Choice yet. Maybe that will be next on my list!

Nicholas spark is the safest choice when it comes to romance novels.

• Carrie has some romance in it.

• I recommend about anything from Colleen Hoover, for example Ugly Love, and Too Late.

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll look into it!

• Erotic romance novels

Which ones specifically?

• Read the beautiful disaster series by Jamie McGuire! It's the best read. This book will make you cry, laugh, be angry basically make you feel the feels. F

• Love story, the great gatsby, great expectations

Good suggestions! I've actually read of all these! But thank you!!!

• Love Virtually by Daniel Glattauer: www.goodreads.com/book/show/9745480-love-virtually It's quite special and I enjoyed it a lot.

Thanks for the suggestion! I will look into it!!

• Diana Gabaldon - Outlander series

• "Cashelmara" by Susan Howatch. It's more interesting than both of them. The story happens when America had just become civilized America. It's about the romantic relationships of the more important characters of the family who are still tied to England and Ireland, but each in his or her own words. It's nothing light or superficial. It's VERY deep and pretty much a masterpiece. You won't believe an actual human being was able to write a book like that. I would say it is halfway between the two novels you mentioned, but it runs VERY deep.

I've never heard of this one before. I'll check it out! Thanks!

... scenes.
      The Selection Series by Kiera Cass-->This one is a bit more innocent. You're not going to find really any erotic scenes in here. But man, these characters are some of my favorites. The best way to describe it is post-apocalyptic meets the Bachelor.
      Gabriel's Inferno (Series) by Sylvian Reynard- This one is about a professor (Dante's Inferno specialist) and a masters student who fall for each other. It is a little bit cheesy. However, it's well written. It takes a good writer to make one of the protagonists a Dante specialist. But, something that I think is interesting is that this series is written by a man. I think it gives a little bit more perspective.
      I'll let you know if I think of more.

Awesome! Thanks! I'll check them out.

• Laurann Dohner's New Species Series (Erotic supernatural)
    Kirsten Ashley's Rock Chick Series (contemporary funny) and the Golden a Dynasty (fantasy)
    Beautiful Disaster and the Maddox Brothers series (contemporary)

These are just some of my best go-to-favorites that all feature sweet, possessive, and usually jealous guys. If you love these, maybe we will have the same taste and I will have more recs! ;)

I've read Beautiful Disaster/Maddox Brothers and loved them. I'll definitely look into the others. Thanks!!

Ooh! I will definitely try to check it out when I have time!! I have a wide variety of romance interests so maybe I will like it :) thanks so much!

A friend of mine recommended it to be and I didn't think I was going to like it. I hadn't really read any sort of funny rom books. But man did it knock my socks off!

• Well if you don't mind gay couples Song of Achilles is fucking great. Like get on it if you haven't read it.