Would my friends singing voice fit with mine and what would be good songs to sing?

My friend and I want to be a duo. I like to sing alternative rock and punk rock. She like r and b and rap music. I sound similar to Avril Lavigne and Michelle Branch. Songs I'm good at are Complicated by Avril Lavigne, Bitch by Meredith Brooks and Are you happy now by Michelle Branch. My friend has no problem singing low but when she gets to high soprano like notes her voice gets airy and angel like, soft but smooth with a really nice melody. She can hold notes out really long too, which I have a problem with. She has problems singing a lot of pop songs and sounds horrible. She likes to sing Me, Myself and I by Beyonce and Ride by Ciara and I think she sounds good. We have different music tastes. Could you guys give us some songs to sing that we would both possibly like or songs for her to sing?

2mo ,...
2mo ...

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it would blend nicely

Most Helpful Girl

• Good Luck girls. I dont know if you would sound good, you guys would have to record yourselves singing a song. For your friend she should look into a singer named Aaliyah and see if she can sing any of her songs if she has an airy high voice. You guys could try singing the Beyonce song together

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• You could try singing Are You That Somebody by Aaliyah or Erykah Badu songs together and see if it sounds good. I dont know if you guys would sound good until I hear it. Your tastes in music and voice types seem very off from each other.

• uglyyyyy

• I don't know IM NOT A FUCKING MUSIC TEACHER!!!

• No they wouldn't. Yours would be overpowering to your friends.