I'm always bored?

I'm 13 and it seems like I'm always waiting for everything. And I hate that. I want to go out places and have fun but I can't do that because well I can't drive. And I want friends but everybody calls me a slut so my reputation is ruined. I never have anything to do. This is what I do on a daily basis.

On school days I wake up get ready, go to school, come home and eat dinner, do my chores, do homework, go on my phone, watch a show on Netflix, take a shower, pack my lunch, then go to bed.

On weekends all I do is my chores, homework, mess around on my phone on Instagram, watch Netflix and sometimes go to the grocery store or film and edit videos for my YouTube channel.

Some things I'm interested in is movies because I want to be a movie director and producer, I like makeup and creating different looks, I like bath bombs from lush and bubble baths in general. I am in the yearbook club at my school as well.

What are some things I can do when I'm bored instead of being bored and sad all the time?

Most Helpful Guy

• You should get used to waiting. There's lots and lots of waiting in life. The kind of waiting you have no comprehension of yet.

Don't pay any mind to what other kids say about you. Seriously. They're just cruel kids. They don't even know why they're being mean to you. Maybe they think they'll look cool for it. Ultimately, they won't be remembered by anyone but themselves and you. It's up to you just how much they're remembered. The more you let them hurt you, the more you give their actions importance. Even when you're older, pay no mind to cruel people.

You have plenty of hobbies and ambitions. Just keep up doing what you're doing. Keep editing your videos. Keep learning editing software. Keep learning. If you're only 13 and into video editing and production, and want to be a director someday, the best way is to keep learning, work hard, and keep at it.

You sound like a good, ambitious kid. Don't change. Good luck!

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you should try some arts and crafts. Sketching, painting or whatever. Start trying new things. Read books maybe. Just expand your own personal world.

What Guys Said 6

• Well, study cinema. If you really want to learn about movies and working in the movie industry, then start learning about movies. Learn some history like which moves are good and bad, but, more importantly, why people feel that way. Learn techniques. Learn screenwriting. For instance, did you know that Amazon has a free screenwriting app? It's called Amazon Story Writer and you can download it. So, consider writing your own movie and filming it with your phone! Use your friends as actors while you film and direct. Together you can make any necessary costumes or scenery. It is this sort of thing that helps make a kid your age into a Spielberg. Google Quinten Tarantino - his story is interesting...

Anyway, my point is that you like movies. Learn about them and do some "homework" trying to make them even if they are short.

• Relax on the internet. It's severely underrated

• Since you mentioned movies - Have you thought of creative writing - Writing scripts and stories

• Have you ever seen the movie Hard Candy? Do that. Get a man to flirt with you, arrange a meet up, then torture him to death. It's always good for a laugh. Don't forget to tell him you hate Goldfrapp.

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 3

• Baby sit and make some money.

I really want to but where I live you have to be at least 15 and have to take a babysitting class

Aw damn that sucks. I don't know, just enjoy your free time that you have at your age I guess haha

• Try and find a new hobby. I know I like to learn new instruments when I'm bored. It can be a little frustrating but it pays off. :)

• Do you have any colleges near you? See if you can talk to the film programs and see if you can "shadow" some of the film students, maybe volunteer to help out on some of their projects. Film students work really hard and have low budgets, so they're often looking for people to help with no pay. That might mean being an extra (a background actor), or maybe there is a job that they will trust you with, even if it's just watching the script to make sure the actors say the right lines. That way you can start to get experience with making movies! (I mean, I know you said you do stuff for your youtube channel, but this would be a chance to work with a full crew and see what different college programs are like if you want to pursue it after high school).