Why do so many people like COD these days?

It's accessible that's for sure, but Halo is so much better in all aspects! The amount of skill, coordination, and team-play and effective positioning it takes to succeed at a high level is insane. It's like a sport in its own right.

With COD, it's basically just getting in the first shot, moving around, and camping a few corners... rinse and repeat. It's your standard FPS video game. Halo has a lot more depth... always has. Gameplay starts at 15:30... pardon the pre-game analysis. :P

Any Halo fans here?

Most Helpful Girl

• I prefer GTA lol

Interesting, never been a fan...

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree halo is wayyyy better and the series is one of my all time favs up there with the likes of zelda, warcraft, pokemon, and gears

I do enjoy cod now and then but i use to be able to pick it up and find it refreshing to go back to a simple shooter game... but i can't say that anymore because its watered down with a bunch of dum machanics and the story lines have gone to shit

Halo kept its core and with halo 5 added a few little changes to gameplay that took it to another level overall in my opinion
    And i honestly love every halo campaign
    I love halo
    Ill talk to you about halo gameplay and lore all day
    Read the nylund books if you haven't they are amazing
    Fall of reach is my all time favorite book
    Sorry im getting of topic here
    Vote MC & Locke 2016!

That's what I'm saying man! H5 is still Halo! All the new abilities just add to the skill gap in my opinion, and I love the concept of scope jumping with the stabilizers.

I love how people try and say that the game is more random with the new features, yet everyone has them lol. It's like bro, you should know that the guy might ground pound you if you're just dinking around beneath him. Know yourself, know your enemy, because you're back on an even playing field this time. Master the mechanics. Frankly it's fun zipping around the map with the thrusters and stuff, opens up some sweet routes and jumps.

Also I don't know how into the lore and campaign you are but i would not be againts them killing MC next game and making a third trilogy either about locke or a new protagonist

Honestly I'm still a bit butthurt about H2 not turning out as they had originally planned lol. Like that Earth City mission from the E3 2003 presentation that never made the final game.

It seemed like a more dire situation for Earth. I kinda wish they'd go back and rewrite the story from that point and give it a more realistic, desperate tone. Less over-the-top space opera. The series feels less mature as it used to be. Like I'm still wanting a direct sequel to CE in that regard.

Like, this seriously still gives me chills... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ycOwVPqbxA

What Girls Said 4

• I love COD. Halo is fun, but I LOVE COD. I also despise campers.

The new one looks ok... The Terminal remake from MW2 though looks glorious haha

• In my opinion I think the hype on COD has decreased significantly.

Yeah it's kind of differentiated from itself too much over the years... in some ways so has Halo, but in terms of gameplay it's really refreshed itself in a good way with the last release. That's the most important thing in my opinion.

But for COD, I think this image sums things up pretty well... hahah
      i.ytimg.com/vi/-UxNsltcvmw/maxresdefault.jpg

• are people still playing those games?

Yep, I grew up playing a lot of Halo and it definitely struck some type of chord and made an impression on me because I developed quite a passion for it. Not so much the story anymore but just the gameplay and multiplayer. It's a great competitive game!

Nice. Never played it...

• I personally prefer catfish over cod

Mahi mahi... blackened 😜

What Guys Said 10

• I always like war games, yes pun intended, even the military war games of practice, anywho, yeah I've enjoyed military video games of war because it rubbed off from my grandpa who used to have me help him all the time when he played them, lol hed always said " this is ridiculous if this controler thingie was a real gun those commies would be dead" lol he was a retired Army officer, hed get all excited when id play with him " yeah take that you commie bastards my grandson is kicking tail and on a war path" etc.. I could never really get into halo, not interesting enough for me, cod I've played the first one for the 360 and all the older ones for ps2 and reg xbox

It's funny, my grandpa is a huge football fan and years ago, when NFL Blitz was out, we'd play that in front of him and he'd get all pissed off lol!

It upset him how over the top it was, and how there were no penalties and you could just pile drive guys after the play without consequence lmao.

Yeah haha he said that it would get into kid's heads and they'd play violently with no respect for others or the rules. 😂😂

Lol thats funny

• I love Halo, but that's mostly because I'm more into single-player and story-based games. Still, I do enjoy Halo's multiplayer way more than COD's probably because I'm actually somewhat decent at it. Might also be a bit biased 'cause I've been playing Halo since I was like 6

• Well I don't lol, I am looking forward to play BF1 ofcourse as my ancestors ;D One of my grand grand father already fought in Battle of Sinai ( the battle in this video ) and he survived as a Veteran. Playing this game will be diffrent experience for me.

https://youtu.be/a6ls6bFL4fA?t=1098

• I don't understand why anyone still likes Halo either but at least there's some creativity there. COD innovatives less than Madden lol

It's that golden triangle gameplay... using your abilities in combination to weaken the enemy. You can skillful reverse encounters if you're quick witted. It's definitely more of a niche game than it used to be though, which is unfortunate. There's just so many good games out nowadays, but I've stayed loyal.

One thing that really pissed me off about COD was how they completely STOLE wall-running from TitanFall, which is practically a COD clone to begin with anyway. There are very little differences between the two games besides the giant mechs in TitanFall and how they are worked into the gameplay. Now both games have grappling hooks... It's just stealing traits from other series' anymore for some games.

• Halo hasn't been good since Halo 3. Halo CE, Halo 2, and Halo 3, were the kings of the competitive console gaming world. Looking forward to Mass Effect Andromeda, since 343i has murdered Halo.

I don't know man I agree, but I think it's finally on its way back up after Halo 5. It's a pretty badass game.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I think it's just getting worse and worse.

Well it certainly did away with the game-breaking loadouts and imbalances from Reach and H4 so I'm definitely cool with that. Players are back on a level playing field and that's what's important in Halo. Just my view...

• why do people take video games so seriously? go outside occasionally man.

Bro, I go to the gym 4 days per week and am getting paid vacation right now. I just spent the entire weekend outside lol.

• Eh, both kinda suck. Battle field 1 hype, played a bit of it on open beta and it was really fun.

BF1 does look pretty good... I've just never been one to play much Battlefield. I'm too loyal to Halo lol.

I liked halo for the story, 1-3 was amazing. Sad to hear halo lacks that these days. It was my child hood after all.

BF1 will fuck up COD and Halo lol.

• I prefer Battlefield.

• Both COD and Halo are overrated in my opinion there are far better shooters out there

Such as? Battlefield seems to be high on other people's list as well, but it kind of suffers the same faults as COD in my opinion. The kill-times are just so short and it just comes down to who spots who first. The maps are too big... it just feels like uncontrolled chaos. Loadouts and character classes just don't support a competitive environment.

Counterstrike: Source
      Warframe

Shooters aren't really my thing anymore but i had a lot of fun with those two

• I'm a gearshead... gears of war player here and man that game your speaking of is fucked.. Too many cheaters, campers, hackers, boosters and on top of that what's up with the auto aim and kill streaks?

In gears we get no auto aim or kill streaks... and since the game runs on the unreal 3 engine getting a kill or killed can happen any way possible so your accuracy and timing has to be tuned at its finest

The original GOW was amazing... I played that a TON. It just felt so innovative at the time with it's gameplay, but the way they tweaked the mechanics in GOW 2 kind of turned me off to the series. I can't really explain it, it just didn't feel as good.

I'm slightly intrigued by GOW 4 though, comes out fairly soon. I'll keep an eye on it. MP looks good.

Yeah here's a link... one of my old clips, my initiation clip actually lol. Some additional social media usernames in the description.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRyg570esog

That's my GT too, just all lower-case (I just capitalize the L on videos for presentation) just add me up and message me on XBL if you're interested, I can get you the details.

Alright I'll check it out