POLL: Fact or Opinion (need as many answers as possible): "Michael Jordan is good at basketball"?

• Fact
  • Opinion

Most Helpful Guy

• He's more than good, he's the greatest of all-time and that is the general consensus of every expert out there. I'm a die-hard Knicks fan and I've watched him not only kill us, but every other legend that was apart of his generation. He's the reason why Ewing, Stockton, Malone, and Barkley don't have rings.

Most Helpful Girl

• To the letter of the law, probably opinion. Saying MJ has more than 32,000 points in his career would be a hard fact.

I still say it's a fact, because because good has a defined meaning and his many stats that are well above average support that statement. Same as something like "drinking and driving is dangerous." Stats support that.

Now, saying "Michael Jordan is the best player in the history of basketball." would be opinion because there isn't a clear consensual on what "best" means in the context of that many different stats and factors.

great!

so if i said "you should wear a seatbelt" fact or opinion

and "Mike likes Vanilla ice cream" fact or opinion

Should is like better, to me. It's subjective. Mike liking ice cream can be verified, so that sounds like a fact.

What Guys Said 5

• a fact is something indisputable. so i think it's indisputable that Michael Jordan is good at basketball. probably could argue that all NBA players are good a basketball

it would be more opinion to argue if he is the best basketball player ever

so would you says the statement "you should wear your seatbelt" fact or opinion

i'd say it's a fact because there is indisputable evidence that not wearing a seat belt significantly increases the risk of death or injury in a car accident.

• I not big into basketball but he seems to be one of the most famous basketballers of all time so he must have been good.

• It's a fact.

• Anything with the word "good" in it is an opinion. You can't quantify "good".

• FACT. He's the Greatest of All Time... And I hate the Bulls lol

What Girls Said 3

• Fact.

• *fact

• Fact, it can be backed up with stats.