Anyone read or seen Gone Girl? What did you think of it?

I've seen the movie, I thought it was well done, and I'm about to read the book for my book club (yes I'm apart of a book club, I'm a huge nerd, I know 🤓).
Any of you read it/seen it? What did you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• I am the kinda person that has books all around the house - I get second hand books from Amazon and buy some nearly every time I am in a second hand book shop - I am working my way through them - I must have about a hundred waiting to be read - I picked up "Gone Girl" a few months ago, it is still waiting to be read

Impressive! I've got 80-something, and I'm known at my local library for borrowing 30 books at once (they help me carry them to the car ahahah)

Most Helpful Girl

• We read that for GaG bookclub last year, and I saw some of the movie this year. I liked the book better. Hatedddd the ending.

What Guys Said 14

• It was awesome!!! And at the same time, it kinda makes me question girls in general.. damn manipulative!

I'm staying single :o

• Both are good. The book goes into way more detail with Amazing Amy. She's much more complex of a person though in the book.

• Sounds like yet another chick flick.

Mmmm, not really ahahah. Watch the trailer, then tell me what you think xD

Oh I entirely forgot that I have already seen the trailer to it. Now I know what the movie is.

Ahh okay.

• Oh that was fucked up. It reminds me of an old episode of Alfred Hitchcock.

• Nerds can be cute. I'm a bit of a geek / dork myself.

www.ejumpcut.org/.../00_table.jpg

• David Fincher's film Gone Girl is a masterpiece. Making deep commentary on married life and the American dream, as well as gender roles and societal views on women. Manipulation of the audience, and masterful writing are on display throughout.

• I have no idea about that. Good to know that you are fond of books and have friends who seriously read books.

• i've seen the movie, and i really loved the movie

• I saw that movi... dat bitch cray

• I haven't.

• Saw the movie thought it was amazing and it also scared the shit out of me lol

• Nope can't say I have

• One of the best movies ever, guess should be careful with intelligent women.

• Not yet, but I'll definitely give it a read. I'm sapiosexual, so nerds are a huge turn on *_*

What Girls Said 9

• Actually, going by the fact that nerds are usually socially awkward or even anti-social, being a member of a club you are everything but a nerd so don't worry lol
    And no, I've neither watched the movie now read the book but it's on my list :D

• I thought it was one of the best movies and books in the thriller genre in the past 5 years.

• I read it. Loved it! Read it in a day. Couldn't put it down

• I only saw the movie. But it was good.

• Haven't read the book but it was one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

• Yea, watched the movie. It was good

• I have seen it but right out when it came out, I liked it

• I have it was really weird

• The book was better than the movie.