Why do people take so much interest in lives of celebrities?

I never understood that. Like newspapers publishing things like 'so and so celebrity wrote this on Twitter and this happened '. I know some people who read stuff like that with great interest.
Why?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well I kinda understand but it's still no excuse. If you like, admire, or felt that they have made their life better. They they want more. They want the best, they want to follow there life style. Like say if a celeb says something that helped the person in question wither there eating disorder. They want know more and be part of there life cause that's what there missing. Now there's fans that totally abuse and cross the line. Me I like meko kaji ( long story) I only collect her pictures and draw learn from her movies how to be bad ass with flaws but still get the job done. I don't go out of my way worship the lady.

What Guys Said 21

• i think it's because people like escapes in life. drugs, alcohol, tv, movies, music all provide an escape from our own life. i think we also like seeing the drama in the lives of people who's life we believe should be "perfect". it provides us with a sense of relief that despite fame, fortune, physical beauty or whatever their lives can be stressful like us

• Cuz their own lives are boring.

• there are probable a lot of different reasons. but the biggest 2 reason i can think of is , the celebrities lives are so much different than a normal persons life so they wish they were the celebrities. the second is , the celebrities are popular and they wish they could be also.
    long story short , they are living the life threw what they read.

• Human psychology. You watch them all the time your brain starts assuming that you know them on a personal level.

• Why are celebrities famous? Because people know them well. Why people know them well. Because they take interest in their lives. That's why newspapers tell people what they can sell. Without selling news bout celebrities , they want survive. So it's a circle of demand and supply.

• Because they are hot and give off the impression of living more interesting and fulfilling lives.

• I find it very weird as well.

• Good question. I do not get it at all. Maybe its just mindless distraction but their are many more interesting people out there to be interested in... people that actually do important things and make a real difference other than entertainment.

• seriously, you just expressed my thougts, i dont get that either, i mean they are human beings like us, whats so special about them? i dont get that either

• I really don't give shit to majority of them. Like 90% are worthless piece of poop. There are very few who are worth following. I don't like youth model / following models, they misguide youth and use them. I like True celebrities like bill gates, Narendra Modi, nana patekar, Amitabh bachann, Angelina Jolie, usain bolt, Cristiano Ronaldo, are some name

I do get what do you want to say, and I agree to some extent. But even when it comes to 'true' celebrities, I'd rather read about their actual work than paparazzi shit like 'What they eat, how they sneeze' etc.

Lolz, i didn't mean follow as what they eat or shop at but what they do and how they respond on critical events.

• In my experience, there is nothing worth to look around me.
    So Look at them.

• I have no clue, it baffles me that people take interest in that.

• Supply meets demand, always.

• Because they have no lives of their own

• I've been wondering too..

• They have nothing good going on in their lives? They live "vicariously" through others?

• Because their own lives suck and they're trying to live by proxy.

• Not, but I used to. I'm a boxing fan and I like staying updated about fighters from time to time, but that's sports related.

• People love to talk about celebrities. Why? Because celebrities are admired by millions

• The pop culture sucks, I never or rarely read into celebrities lives. Care more about my own.

• one of those "celebs", is running for president of the united states

What Girls Said 7

• I totally understand this, I guess people like to hear about other people's life's as a way to escape their everyday problems and situations.
    Media is a very large form of entertainment and business in which companies earn money to get the hottest new scoops They also use it for sales.
    In a way people take interest in lives of celebrities for different reasons due to style, the work they've done, because they're attracted to them the list goes on.

• honestly i don't get it too...

• I hate when people do that. Like since when were you part of their family? Do you simply not have a life, or don't have one big enough so you need to go into other peoples' personal lives?
    It's not your fvckin' business. stop.

• I only get interested when someone gets robbed or something misfortunate happens

• People are nosy and way too curious for there own good.

• Because their own lives aren't interesting enough
    😂😂

• Honestly they're living their best life and i'm not so I want to live vicariously through them.