I've received a couple of questions about my username lately. I chose it because I was working on a piece at the time. I'm finally done :) Here it is... let me know what you think.Watercolor Lions?

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly there is a lot in this that is good, the use of space, structure and line to name a few. But the colour is bringing it down, yes the marks you made, the feeling of the mean is good, but the colours seem random and add nothing to the piece. It seems you didn't think about complementary and harmonious colours. You could have used a nice warm colour pallet do really give the feeling of a lion that lives out in the hot plains of africa, or a cold colour pallet to show how the lion is a cold blooded killer. Even if you wanted the piece to be busy a nd have all the colors that would be fine you could do it like matisse done some of his work. instead it looks like you couldnt decide and just went with anything you had there.

Lol, I just sorta felt the color choice... Yeah, this is my first time using watercolors, so there was a battle on the page... Honestly though, I am very satisfied with this piece... It is the first piece I have ever done 100% for myself... Part of the reason it could look run down is the picture quality: it's obviously brighter in person. But either way, it still has the crazy colors you see.

I just kind of eyeballed it... do I know how to balance colors? Yeah. Could I have harmonized better? Yes. But I enjoyed it more not doing so... and I never enjoy my art. So I'm good 😊

At some point, I think an artist decides if they want to create the piece to be appreciated, or for themself... this particular one was just for me.

Most Helpful Girl

• awee I love it ^^

What Guys Said 9

• dooope

• Not great, looks amateur. Try to give it a more professional look. I lion with a white face and a pink and blue mustache is unexpected. Although there are white lions existing in this world. Get back to work , and draw a lion as ferocious and similar to a Babbar Sher.

Lol, a lion with a pink&blue mustache... nice. Nah, I like it.

Every artist is creative and we should be able to respect them for what ideas they haven chosen to be placed in their drawing. I respect you for that. Always be creative and do what you feel in the moment when you start drawing. Thanks.

Why did you say thanks? Lol?

• It looks fantastic - Well done

• Wow, your painting looks soo frickin awesome
    nice job dude

• Very creative.

• Wow that is really good.

• Not gonna lie, its really good. Props

• you're talented!

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 11