Do you think Stevie Nicks has a truly unique voice?

Her verbrato has always been hard for me to replicate and even those that can don't have her distinct sound. Grace Slick also has hard to nail verbrato and pitch but it's within my range and many people range.

Stevie Nicks is the female Freddie Mercury to me. Neither artist makes my top 5 favorites but they are certainly unique.

Your thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• Wow, you have some cool artistic interests and I like your taste in music. If I'm understanding you correctly, the epitome of vibrato is Janis Joplin I think.

I think you understand me. And I do very much appreciate a freakin lot about Janis Summertime live at Woodstock is up there but I don't thing there is any one epitome for how an artist should sound.

I will put Janis way above Stevie on my personal faves. Janis is top 5. So is Amy Winehouse and Fiona Apple for very different reasons.

When I was in high school I could hit all of Fiona's notes but I can't he the high ones anymore because I don't sing enough and it takes excercise even when I was young to hit those high notes. Her range is amazing.

Janis has that same vast range as Apple. Janis is indeed a worthy legend.

Amy can belt it and write it and make you feel it. Her verbrato is so artsy it is hard to do without the background. True Jazz she was. The thing with Amy is that she was a great singer but she used her voice more like an instrument and could keep time and flex with the best.

What Guys Said 4

• Used to call her "goat lady" for her baaing goat like voice. Even South Park had her on the show along with a goat and everytime the thing would baaa the characters would say "Oh Stevie Nicks it's an honor to meet you." Female Freddie? Hardly. Her voice is virtually gone from years of drugs and baaaing like a goat. Apparently you know nothing of Ann Wilson and her incredible voice

I don't care for soft rock but Heart is okay.

Soft rock? Ann Wilson and Heart isn't soft rock. She I think is #5 on Rolling Stones list of greatest heavy metal vocalists

• It's distinctly recognizable, but many can replicate it to perfection.

• Yes I think she has an incredible voice

• Yeah she does have a unique voice.

by the way did you have a birthday recently? I think your age changed lol

What Girls Said 1

• Yes. She had a much higher voice before cocain did it's thing...