Where are all my horror fans? What's your favorite scary movie?

Tell me, Tell me.

Most Helpful Guy

• I liked some of the cheesy ones. Like

Freddy
    Friday the 13th camp crystal lake

Then you have old school ones
    Then omen
    Exorisict

But those are not fun. Very serious

I usually like the typical ones - group of friends lol partying skinny dipping, monster, one by one dying, and the end

Actually evil dead was very interesting
    Goonies is fun
    Gremlins lol
    Chucky

Most Helpful Girl

• The people under the stairs, silent hill, the scream series, and it. It's cheesy, but Tim curry makes an awesome evil clown.

What Guys Said 15

• I personally like The Thing from 1982, and then there were the Alien movies, the first one anyway.

I also enjoyed the Nightmare on Elm Street Series, the first 3 were more darker and scary, and then Freddy became a little more funny in the 4th and later Nightmare films making them not as scary.

The Evil Dead, and Evil Dead II Dead by Dawn, and Army of Darkness. I personally love this trilogy of horror films, similarly, it went from dark and scary to scary and hilarious. Bruce Campbell's Ash is just too freaking hilarious!

Go to this link for more horror movies: www.rollingstone.com/.../50-greatest-horror-movies-of-the-21st-century-w441469

• I like horror yes :). Been wanting or wishing had more horror stuff to watch, something good. can't think of any favorites though really

Kinda liked the ring ones though, and the first grudge, japanese not too bad, but dont think I seen all there. Kinda liked the first Sinister movie too, second one was a damn joke though... omg how badly they screwed that one up. More like a comedy that one.

hmm what else, I did kinda like this movie simply called "Ghost" , Translated anyway, can't remember anymore if was Chinese or japanese though. Ages ago since saw it. A decent horror movie, but had some huge plot holes really, which kinda ruined it for me, otherwise not too bad.

But yeah im drawing a blank, is so damn rare with any good horror movies been for a while. Suppose Paranormal activity movies wasent too bad, but they just got worse and worse really. Guilty pleasure for me kinda perhaps still.

• Either the shining, the conjuring or the ring.

I like how most horror movies have "the" infront of it.

• Anything unpredictable that keeps you guessing and has a twist at the end. Although I will admit some of the scenes from "The Strangers" was a little freaky.

• Probably The Shining.

• creepshow, horror anthologies. (did mention this in another post, I don't want to seem repetitive, it's just the truth)

• The hills have eyes

• I think the original "Exorcist" - I saw it quite young and it frightened the life out of me

• the Saw movies are probably my favorites because they have social and psychological elements as well as some gory moments.

• wow... Hey Ghost face ;) haah

Not sure about favorite but here are some of my favorites...

Halloween 1978
    Scream
    A nightmare on Elm street
    The Evil dead
    The Evil dead Alien

• the conjuring 1 or 2 and I can't wait to see the new It movie when it comes out.

• Without a doubt john carpenter's 1982 The Thing.

• Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

• Im going old school
    Creature from the black lagoon is my favorite

• Either Brokeback Mountain or Twilight.

What Girls Said 6

• The Thing, The Shining, The Hills Have Eyes, The Hostel, Texas Chainsaw Massacre - all of those 'staples' do nothing for me... And I mean they're plain boring to me.

I like The Exorcist, Suspiria, The Conjuring 1 and 2, Insidious (only the first one). The Others, and then those that are more in the realm of horror-comedy like: Drag Me To Hell, The Cabin in the Woods, Buffy, Shaun Of The Dead, Zombieland...

All the good stuff... Well, not all, just the ones I can remember right now.

• Halloween is my favorite.

• Anything that keeps you guessing then proves you completely wrong. Any psychological thriller gets me super excited.

Have you seen Donnie Darko? If not, it's really good!

@Theodorable No, I'll be sure to check it out though. Looked it up and the plot seems great!

I saw it - it's extremely boring...
      But give it a shot - maybe you'll be one of those (many people) who think it's cinematic genius.

• I like the movie Hostel, GingerSnaps, and American Mary

• HORROR IS MY ALL TIME FAVORITE GENRE FROM BOOKS TO MOVIES. I'm more into supernatural scares so I would say The Conjuring but a classic I adore is Child's Play.

• It might not really be horror but I like the final destination movies, different and sometimes funny