Do you believe the advertisements you see on the TV?

I don't but I think I unconsciously do sometimes.

• I do.
  • I somehow do.
  • I don't.
  • Others
1mo Subconsciously.. not unconsciously lol

And I mean TV ads that promote products and services.

Most Helpful Guy

• I am usually conscious of the fact they are trying to present their product in the best possible light and how they make a point to try and cast attractive, happy looking people to promote their product.

I kunda see advertisements mainly for their entertainment value and maybe to get me initially interested in a product, but most of the time I like to look for reviews before purchasing.

The one exception would be food commercials. With those my mind instantly jumps to "damn that looks good/I am so hungry right now"

Most Helpful Girl

• *this heated hair brush will straighten your very corpse thin hair in 5 minutes. Leaving it healthy and shiny in the process*

*has some professional hairdresser help you*

Girl: *OMMMGGGG!! My hair looks fantastic!! WOOWWWW I can't believe I got that all done in 5 minutes! I use to straighten my hair with a flat iron and it did so much damage*
    Guy hair stylist: "GIRRLLLL!! I know what you meannn"

Pssht yeah freaking right 😒

*roflol* XD

Thank you for MH :)

You're welcome! :)

What Guys Said 15

• I don't Lilly... I'm a marketeer myself (though not actively doing it in my job today) so I know the tricks. Some marketing messages are true but don't believe them - there are often vital pieces of info that are not given.
    Moreover, many marketing messages are destined to increase brand awareness... but the fact a brand name is recognized does not say anything about the quality of the product :o

• I tend to record a lot of programmes and watch them half an hour later so I can skip ads. I would be very wary of TV ads.

• I usually don't. You always hear that same voice, no matter who the person is, that already makes me zap away

Or like during a fitness commercial. You see them smiling while working out... No. You shouldn't be smiling, you should be panting, show them that you got to work, that the equipment works, show that panting, that sweat.
      No they like smile like they're at the dentist and no sweat at all lol

I know, right? XD

• What do you mean? Like, do I believe that cherrios are cereal? I mean I don't know how you can't believe in it 😑

• 70% of advertisements - No, 25% - Maybe, 5% - Yes.

• Not all of them, but I always suspect things, it's difficult for me to trust xD

• Whenever a commercial comes I always analyze it and look around the hot girls and cool visuals. So no not usually.

• i dont even when true though i did look up 'nutrisse' in the dictionary and it definitely does not mean nourish

i dont believe mainstream media in any form but at least we all know advertising has an agenda

• TV? I have mine hooked up to my laptop! Adblock is my best friend :)

• I don't.

• No they seriously annoy me. I have a bad habit of talking shit to people in commercials.

• Yeah I believe
    They're not true

• They're all true... drinking red bull really does give you wings ;) (*Wink wink sarcasm*)

• I believe those products are being advertised. Yes.

• I have't watched TV for 3 years

What Girls Said 5

• I always believe advertisements when they are used to inform upcoming events (such as mall tours, concert dates, etc.)

When they are used to promote products that are overestimated with lots of compliments, I find them hardly credible.

• Most of them of course, this is why they are there.
    They may not always work for ya though.

• Sometimes I subconsciously think to myself (I suppose) "Oh, this makes sense..." But I always remind myself either they're exaggerating or it's totally false...
    Or you can get the same or a better deal elsewhere...

• I used to when I was 7

• I've stopped watching tv and have like 3 different adblock plugins so its hard for me to judge lol.