Why aren't there more songs about women cheating on men?

(I'm not whining, just curious.) I noticed a while back that I could only think of two songs about a man calling out a woman for cheating (both by Justin Timberlake), but I could give quite a list of songs that go in the reverse.

Why is this? Younger and middle-aged women cheat almost as often as men do, so why are songs about it comparatively rare?

Thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• ahha... I take it you don't listen to country music?

It's like the old joke:
    Q: What do you get when you listen to a country song backward?
    A: Yr truck back, yr wife back, yr money back, yr life back...
    ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Srsly tho... I'm not particularly a country fan myself, but I have girlfriends who like it, so I'll put the country station on when they're in my car. Literally not 10 minutes goes by without some dude singing about a cheatin' woman breakin' his ol' heart.

A list for ya -- Not *all* about cheating women, but, notice that those FAR outnumber the reverse...
    spinditty.com/.../Best-Lying-Cheating-and-Dysfunctional-Love-Relationship-Anthems-Country-Music-Playlist

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 11

• Last Kiss by Hinder
    Run around Sue by Dion
    Yes, Mr Peters by Priscilla and Roy (I've forgotten their ladt name)
    Delliah by Tom Jones
    Are just to name a couple, but there are heaps. You just need to move past today's crap to find them. Also, country music would have a fair amount too.

• I just noticed that when I read this question lol. I heard some songs about girls cheating but most of them are men. That song Don't by Ed Sheeran is about him getting cheated on by some other singer apparently.

I've always wondered why girls are allowed naked on TV shows/movies where it shows their vagina. Whereas you never see a guy fully nude (penis) that's something I've always wondered. Lol.

• I don't think it's a situation of more men cheating on women, I think it's down to todays society. Many these days have the opinion that guys getting emotional or caught up on relationships resemble them being weak or simply 'whipped'. And guys tend to hide their emotions more than women do.

It's also more common for women to express their feelings on relationships because of the in my opinion stupid stereotype that all women need men and their lives are based around their relationships. Obviously this isn't the main answer to your question, but I definitely think it contributes to a lot of it.

• Because most modern pop singers are girls. Also there are a lot of them especially if you go back a generation or two...

• ('-' ) Because Taylor Swift.

• Rihanna - Unfaithful

• because women dont like to accept they cheat on guys.

• I can think of a lot of songs where women have cheated on men.

• What kind of music do you listen to? 😂😂😂

All kinds. ;-)

Did you ever listen to Bollywood music or African music?

I like African music but not Bollywood. Baaba Maal is pretty cool.

• There is lot's of songs of women cheating on men, you just have to look, I know Blake Shelton's ex Miranda Lambert has a song about cheating on Blake.

• yeah

What Guys Said 3

• There is. Listen to clean sheets by the descendents. It'a literal and metaphorical for a guy finding out his woman cheated on him. The chorus is "those sheets are dirty and so are you."

That song hit pretty close to me recently as a girl I was seeing invited me to her place and I found an empty condom wrapper in her bed that was from someone else prior to sex. Technically it wasn't cheating as weren't official but she still acted shady about it and ditched me afterwards.

• Double standard people would probably loom at him as a whiner
    There are some tho
    Free falling by tom petty for example

• Five Finger Death Punch - "Succubus"