What are your thoughts on Bob Dylan?

He won a Nobel Prize recently. Personally I like his songwriting better than his singing. he is a master at writing, but kinda lacks in the singing department.

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree with you that he is better at songwriting than singing, but I think some of his performances are good like "The Last Waltz." He has used different singing styles through the years and some are better than others. He won the Nobel Prize for songwriting and poetry, so I don't think they took singing into account.

Most Helpful Guy

• I heard he is in hiding and is refusing to accept the award. That makes me like him even more.

I like Dylan, and maybe he deserves a Nobel Prize for literature. The Nobel Prize is kind of a joke anyway.

They gave President Obama a Nobel Peace Prize because he won an election. He hadn't done anything yet... now America is dropping bombs in more countries than... since WW2?

They gave Al Gore a Nobel Prize for making a powerpoint presentation about the ice caps (which apparently are growing this year?)

BUT they wouldn't give a Nobel Prize to the little girl in Pakistan who was shot in the head by jihadist because she was publicly saying girls should be able go to school. A modern day Anne Frank. But they wouldn't give her the prize because the Nobel committee is unserious.

What Girls Said 5

• I love his songs and his charisma translates to his singing... He's more of a reciter than singer, which is fine with me.

• I understand his relevance and greatness, but I'm not a fan by any means.

• Good songwriter but not a fantastic singer.

• I like his songs.

• No idea who that is lmao

What Guys Said 9

• He is an amazing artist and is one of the most influential songwriters of the last half century. Here's where I disagree with you: I think he's an amazing singer. No, not because he has a conventionally "good" singing voice. He doesn't. He's great because of his phrasing.

• What you say is so true - Sorry Bob you are an amazing songwriter but often I prefer to hear someone cover your work

• Great member of the Traveling Wilburys.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwqhdRs4jyA

• @ginny_weasley said it best
    He's a good songwriter, not the best singer

• Honestly the noble peace prize doesn't really mean that much anymore they'll give it out to anyone for anything now a days.

• Neutral

• overrated.

• I think he was a bad influence not only on his but future generations as well.

• Totally BRILLANT