Would you rather be a "Jack of All Trades" or "Master of One"?

1mo Tell me why?

Most Helpful Guy

• I believe I would like to be a Jack of All Trades to give myself more diversity in life. As much as humanity needs to depend on one another to survive, I believe from my perspective people should also be self-sufficient and independent too at the same time. So yeah, I believe I would prefer to be the Jack of all Trades rather than the master of one, that way if something unexpectant happened, I believe I’d be more prepared to handle it overall.

Most Helpful Girl

• Have been both and guess which pays better and the other wears one out?
    We all have to be both these days to "make it" but if only one will do, then Master... if it pays enough to hire others to Jack fix/manage everything else in my life.

What Guys Said 22

• In the olden days , a person who was a jack of all trades was given high importance. But in today's situation , you can't do justice to all your skills by being a jack of all trade. To master any skill fully you need to spend an average of 10000 hours to hone your skills. So much of your energy needs to be utilized for this cause. And time is in short supply. And your physical and mental energy is limited. So it is better to concentrate on a few skills and become master of only 1 to 3 disciplines. Ones who are highly skilled are paid 5 to 10 times more than normal people. So high skill is highly valuable. So be a Master of one or two trades only.

• I think if you mean "Jack Of All Trades", be reasonably good at a lot of things but that said there is a lot of personal pleasure in being really good at something. If I had to choose, I would go "Jack" just for living life.

• In the city, Master - of it paid enough to take care of life expenses!
    In the backwoods, Jack - who else is going to make life happen?

• Jack of all trades. to be a swiss army knife of abilities, to be one that can help out many that need help, I can help more people in a variety of ways in that sense.

• Master of one.

Once you master one thing you know how to master other areas. You know that you both have it in you to achieve that level and that when it gets hard along the way you'll figure it out. A jack of all trades just means you suck at a lot things all at the same time. Yes, you know how to do each thing. But you're not any good. Someone who has mastered their one thing and can move onto another area the jack knows how to do and will quickly eclipse him.

• I know this from experience. Jack of all trades never become successful but they seem to wing any job. But they make up the majority of unhappy employees. Being a specialist always trumps in terms of success.

• I'm already a Jack-of-All-Trades, so I think I'll just stick with it.

It's nice to be able to do most things for yourself, especially if you own a home. You can save a lot of money by not having to call a plumber for a clogged pipe, for example, or to replace a water heater. Same goes for auto repairs, minor electrical stuff in the home, writing computer code, firearm maintenance, repair, and customizing/modification, all kinds of things.

I'm not going to lie, there are things that I *CAN* do but will generally pay someone else to do because the money spent is worth the time and headache saved, and sometimes there's not much money saved by doing it yourself (oil change, for example).

• I'd rather be a "Palek of All Professions", if I had my druthers.

• Know something of everything and everything of something.

• i am master of one and for that i get paid very well so im glad about that

• master of one. Being average sucks - you gotta stand out with something.

Actually, I mean this with respect to talent. With regards to skills then yes a jack of all trades would be better.

• Master of one... preferably computer programing.

• Jack of all Trades... l love diversification

Because, doing the same thing is boring for me, I love to try new things.

• It's far better to be a polymath than a specialist...

Because creativity usually draws from many different areas of knowledge and experience...

Because you only have so much time in this life and so many things to experience, explore, and play with...

• Bruce Lee once said, do not fear the man that knows a 10000 different kicks. Fear the man that knows one kick, and has performed it over 10000 times.

However, what if that one kick is rendered useless?

• Master of one is so boring

• a master of one

• Im already a jack of all trades.. master of none.

• Im master of my profession but im a jack of all trades meaning I can do most anything.

• In economics it's taught that a "master of one" is better for the economy, because everyone does something for someone else and the wealth spreads. For example if I am a plumber and some other guy in my town is a cable guy, I would pay him to hook my tv up and he would pay me to fix his pipes. If you are a jack of all trades you know how to do everything so you don't do business with people, therefore nobody gets any wealthier. But if the zombie apocolypss happens, jack of all trades for sure...

• Jack of all trades, I've actually been called this because I've been able to do and fix just about anything but then people are always asking me to either help them with or explain how to fix something and it gets quite tiring

• So I'm tired and I thought the question read, "Would you jack off all trannies?"

What Girls Said 9

• I am Not a Total "Jack of All Trades," @miamigirl1970, but Whatever I am very Good at, Skilled at... I "Master" Every One, hun.
    However, I May be Master Here, dear, of My own Domain, Worked Hard to get this Far, but I Do have a Male Roomie, who Really is A "Jack of All Trades," this Amazing Ace of Spades.
    Good luck and Great question. xx

Thank you always for your Like and your Response, hun. xx

• Hmmm, master of one can get you an amazing job... but jack of all trades is extremely useful in real life.
    I guess master of one, simply because synthesis of different subjects, it would still include some knowledge of multiple concentrations.

• I know I have a dirty mind lol I first read this as jacked off😂😂
    Jack of all trades is my answer.

• I'd love to be a jack of all trades. People with a wide varieties of interests and knowledge are always more interesting.

• Masters of One typically earn six times what generalists do.

Just saying.

• Jack of all trades because I'm the type who enjoys constantly learning new things

• A master of one because I'm already a Jack of all trades.

• I would prefer to be Jack of all trades.

I just think it's more fun. It's also, in my opinion, more helpful in a broader range of situations.

• I'm a jack of all trades, master of some :)