Easiest music instrument for a beginner?

For those of you that play, which one do you think would be easier for a beginner that can't even read music right now and I would still have to learn that? (From the instruments listed)

I mean for the purposes of eventually playing a song of at least 2 minutes. (A normal song, not Mary had a little Lamb) Though I know it will take a lot of time from now until then.

• Flute
  • Guitar
  • Keyboard
26d I saw two videos where the kazoo seemed awesome, but I don't know how to do split screen videos and stuff.
https://youtu.be/iC65ufGUvKM
https://youtu.be/5cGmZ0IyQFU

Most Helpful Girl

• Taught myself to play a couple of songs on the keyboard when I was bored. I played by ear, so I'd definitely say that keyboard is easiest out of the three. Although, you should try out the kazoo. No one has ever made a fool of themselves playing that

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 9

• You'll need to learn to read music no matter what you play.

Go for the piano since that's easier to pick out notes and chords on.

• Flute for sure.

• I think the flute

• I think the flute, but I find that one boring

• Flute. If you're good at blowing hurhur.

• Well, for the guitar, you can easily play songs just by strumming a few chords, but that can get boring after a while. I prefer the piano or keyboard because it's more fun and easier to play songs by ear. (You really should learn how to read sheet music asap. It'll make learning songs a lot easier, especially when you Google a piece and all that shows up is the sheet music for it.)

• The keyboard was the easiest for me.

• Triangle.

• Neither

What Guys Said 12

• All instruments are difficult to play well.

If you are looking to play popular music and perhaps accompany yourself while you sing, flute is not what you want. It plays only one note at a time. While you could play melodies, by itself flute is not terribly interesting and you can't sing and play at the same time. You can't play chords. It's difficult to get a consistent sound to come out of a flute until you "get it". If you plan to be part of an ensemble, it's great.

Guitar is physically more difficult to play as a beginner because there is pain involved. Forming chords with your hand gives you hand cramps. Pressing the strings hurts until you have callouses. It's easier from the standpoint that, if all you want to do is get going with singing and playing chords, you don't really need to know how to read music. A lot of music for guitar just shows the lyrics and vocal melody with guitar chords on top. You only need to learn chord symbols. Don't get me wrong, an accomplished guitarist reads music, but if you just want to get going… guitar is a good way to do it.

If you have no interest in singing but want to get whole songs across, piano/keyboard is the way to go. Piano takes no special skill to make a note sound, so it's easier in that way. You can play a melody, bass part, and chord all at once and much more easily than on a guitar. But it will still take a couple years of hard work. Of course, you can also play chords and sing. Keyboards are very versatile. Learning to read music is much more important than with guitar.

• Drums... easy to pick up, hard to master.

But I mean, all you have to be able to do is move your wrists and feet and have a little bit of coordination and limb independence... which improves with practice. 🤘

• 28d

Yeah, I agree that drums would be easier for me, and a lot of fun, but I don't have space for a drum set.

• 28d

You can always get a small e-kit... look up the Yamaha DTX series kits. The 400 series in particular, is good for beginners and won't break the bank too badly...

• I would guess keyboard

• Big drum?

• Pick any instrument you like and start learning. None of them are easy, to be frank, especially when you lack background in musical theory.

• Of those, keyboard. But a kazoo would be the easiest.

• Neither of these. Triangle is the easiest.

• Guitar is easy, at a low level anyway. Make sure you learn theory and how to read sheets. I'd recommend studying classical guitar specifically for a few years, then branching out from there if you want to.

• I thought that was the triangle.

• skin flute.

• Guitar if you just play chords. Keyboard if you want to play something more

• There are no easy instruments. All of them need practicing. So choose your favorite instead.