If Jesus Christ Superstar was remade today on television do you think that it would be seen as offensive?

Seeing that there has been a trend of turning big production plays into tv plays, I wonder if it would be too risky for them to turn Jesus Christ Superstar into a tv play. They did rocky horror picture show as a remade tv play so I do not see wht not. But I can somehow see a lot of people getting offended if they did Jesus Christ Superstar and put it on TV like they did with Grease and the Rocky Horror Picture show.If Jesus Christ Superstar was remade today on television do you think that it would be seen as offensive?

Most Helpful Guy

• The movie Jesus Christ Superstar has been on TV many times. It hasn't seemed to offend anyone.

If they remade it, my only fear is that it would suck. That's the only way it would offend me. I mean Carl Anderson, Ted Neeley, and Yvonne Elliman were da bomb in that movie!

• Yea it was a good movie, Fox is remaking plays into TV specials and they are getting a lot of views

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 4

• No because the media deems it acceptable to mock Christianity, White people, and Jesus Christ. But you could bet your bottom dollar that if an equivalent was made starring the prophet Muhammad that there would be a public outrage and "Islamophobia" charges running rampant.

• You must not be familiar with this play. Its not new. It came out in the 70s 80s, it was very popular. This is about remakes. Not mocking.

• Was not the question "if it was remade today"?

• Having Judas played by a black actor might cause some trouble these days...

• I've never seen it.

• It wouldn't be offensive, just boring.

What Girls Said 0