(Doctor Strange Spoilers) Is this the biggest Easter egg in the MCU yet?

As I said in the title, this question has spoilers. So click away if you haven't watched the movie.

So I was surprised when I actually saw this reference. No, I'm not talking about the mid-credits scene teasing Thor: Ragnarok or the fact that the Eye of Agamotto is an Infinity Stone (which I predicted from the start).

I'm talking about the scene where he's training with Karl Modo, who tells him about the Staff of the Living Tribunal. (Doctor Strange Spoilers) Is this the biggest Easter egg in the MCU yet?
For those of you that don't follow the comics (and even most people who do follow the comics do not know this), Marvel has actually established that Living Tribunal is the third most powerful character in the Marvel Multiverse. The second most powerful character being Beyonder and the most powerful being The One Above All (often abbreviated as TOAA). However, Beyonder is nowhere as powerful as he once was, so Living Tribunal is currently the second most powerful character in the comics.

If you've been following the movies, you probably know that Thanos has been collecting the Infinity Stones so he can fit them into the gauntlet. Thanos may not seem like a huge threat on his own. But with the Infinity Gauntlet, he managed to replace Eternity as the fourth most powerful character in the Marvel Universe and gained control of all of reality. This means that he's many times more powerful than Galactus, Franklin Richards, the Phoenix Force, and the Celestials combined.

But even after he got the Infinity Gauntlet, Living Tribunal and TOAA were the only characters in the entire Marvel Multiverse that weren't affected by it. In fact, Living Tribunal could have defeated him right at the start of the story arc but chose not to do anything about it. He had power surpassing the Infinity Gauntlet and finally decided to end things by taking away all of the power from it so nobody could wield all of the stones together again.

Do you think he'll be involved in Avengers: Infinity War?

Most Helpful Guy

• Finally, Dr Strange in Cinema, I think it's possible, he will be involved in Avengers: Infinity War.
    He was quite neglected as a character by movie directors, I hope that will change.

I agree. And judging by this movie, Strange seems to be the most powerful main character in the MCU yet. I have a feeling they'll nerf him down in Infinity War though

• 28d

Yeah :/

• 21d

Thanks for the MHO

What Guys Said 8

• THAT WOULD BE EPIC!!!

But, if they involve him, it won't be HIM per say, it will be something that he owns or a trinket he bestows upon them. Or something not directly to him. Or MAYBE, someone like Franklin or something might show up to end it. I just don't think that they will do a good job if they go that infinite in power levels. Look how Galactus has been portrayed. As a dumb ass space cloud. But it's exciting that they touch upon Marvel that deep to mention anything about infinite cosmic beings like the Living Tribunal.

• 25d

Ikr? But yeah if they actually show Living Tribunal, he would probably be the one to stop them. The movie is supposed to be about the Avengers. I read somewhere that it has a cast of 67 characters (that's including both the films). Star Lord is confirmed to be in it so we might see rest of the Guardians. And Captain Marvel will be introduced in the first film before getting her own solo film. We might even see characters from the Netflix series, but I'm not sure.

Either way, I'm excited :D

• 25d

AWESOMMMEEE!!!

• No Marvel won't do that. All those movies they mada are building to something great. It would be pretty lame if at the end this powerful being shows up and goes like "Sit down son, I got this."

That would make all the previous movies pointless because at the end Thanos would have lost anyway without the Avengers intervening.

• What I am more interested in is how will the Marvel shared universe juggernaut function after the Infinity Wars end.

• 26d

Yeah me too. I'm assuming they have plans for their newest members

• 25d

I think I read it recently that Evans will go for more though.

• 25d

Oh okay. That might be good then

• I have to answer this once I watch the movie lol
    I've already heard this movie may have the most future influence on the MCU though. We shall see.

• 28d

Well it does expand the MCU by a lot. And he seems to be the most powerful character yet (if we're not including supporting characters)

• Well in Iron Man the bad guys were the 10 rings and then it turns out The Mandarin was just some deadbeat actor in Iron Man 3.

It could literally just be something fun and nothing more.

Didn't see Strange yet, but meh, I've been preoccupied.

• Well, I hope. But I don't think he is what the present Avengers can deal with.

by the way, good take!

• 26d

Especially when all the infinity gems are collected by Thanos so... Anyways, heroes win everytime

• I hope so. But I doubt it. They'll prob just focus on thanos.

• Yeah I ran into the LT in Secret Wars II so I'm pretty surprised to hear it in the movie 😳😳

What Girls Said 3

• Looks like fun, I can't wait 🙀

• I have no idea.

• Strange spoilers about Doctor Strange, cool :)
    Yes, I hope to see him in the new Avengers.