Any tips to going to a large heavy metal concert?

Bought myself some tickets to see a band in the city and haven't been to large ones, just afew small local ones.
Any tips before I go? Definitely know I should bring ear plugs since its first in best dressed (have no idea were we will be sitting) 😂

Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• Been to 3 I think lol. Bring close toed shoes, pants (because perverts), go light! Also bring clothes depending on the weather,

and bring the least amount of things possible. No purses, no back packs, no bags. It gets tiring AF trust me I'm saving you from a soar neck and a lot of rest lol

be aware of crowd movement, such as crowd getting closer to front, moshpits opening, etc...

Don't talk shit about the bands that played, don't boo, help people up if they fall, and don't get too drunk :p

Hopefully that's what ur looking for :)

• 29d

Wow! 3 concerts you lucky bugger :p Good points you made; definitely sounds like going light would be the best option and was concerned about the moshpits since some people can get so crazy, seen afew people get beaten up before.. not good. But this was definitely what I was looking for!
      Thanks! :)

• 29d

Haha no problem! :) be safe out there

What Guys Said 7

• I've been to probably 100+ metal shows. I've seen some ridiculous shit, from a dude in a wheel chair crowd surfing, chicks blacking out, dudes straight tripping off shit, people in chicken suits trying to start fights. You name it, I've seen it. I've seen softer bands you'd see in Hot Topic shirts to extreme metal bands I'll bet you've never heard of. Dinghy little clubs to arena shows. My tips would depend on what you're doing; sitting or standing.

Sitting: bring or wear literally whatever. You won't be in the thick of it so you can just chill and listen to the bands, watch the show, have a bite to eat, etc. I personally hate sitting at metal shows cause I feel like you're not getting the true experience.

Standing: kinda depends on how close to the stage you plan in being. The farther back you are the more you're just gonna be standing there watching the show, closer you get the more people will be into it. The pits are usually closer towards the front. Either way, wear comfortable shoes, likes skater shoes. Forget boots unless you're used to standing in place with them and dont even consider anything with a heel. Skater shoes usually are on the cheaper side so you won't worry about them getting all stepped on, are decently comfortable so your feet won't hurt when standing, and have some what good protection on the sides and heel cup. Tie them tight so you don't lose them. Clothing wise, just keep it simple. Jeans or leggings, and a T shirt. Some chicks get all dolled up and wear these outfits that make them look like a "tuffy chick". If you wanna all that, fine, but I wouldn't suggest it. They usually have tattered cloths to look tough but that shit gets easily caught on other people.

Ear plugs help but aren't needed in my opinion. Bring money for merch and food/a drink. If you're by yourself, expect some dudes to crowed around you. I've never seen anything happen to a girl, in terms of a guy groping her or anything. There's an unspoken code and that's one of the things we don't stand for so don't really worry about that happening. And if it does, just move away or find a group with girls and guys and stick with them. Assholes usually get handled pretty quickly. If you crowd surf though, you most likely will get felt up.

Just have fun. Don't get wasted, don't start shit. If you're gonna be in the thick of it, don't whine if you get shoved or hit hard, that comes with the territory. If you're hanging back, relax and enjoy the show.

• Don't forget to headbang, it's an insult to metal musicians if you don't. Do some neck exercises beforehand to avoid cramps later as well. And if you're drinking, make sure you have a safe ride home.

• I never wore em... Don't be me. Are you going alone? Biggest tip is stay sober and wear the heaviest boots you got

• 29d

Definitely not going alone! That would be suicide but boots would be a good option, Thanks!

• 29d

Oh thank god. Have fun and watch out for the shirtless drunks

• Don't bang your head too hard... you'll have a stiff neck for days! 😆

• Take your boyfriend along with you.

• Bring earplugs, especially if it's a smaller venue.

• Is it outside? If it is bring boots or other kinds of sturdy shoes.

What Girls Said 3

• - Don't go in the mosh pit unless you are cool with getting bruises and potentially being hurt.

- You're right about bringing ear plugs.

- The first rule of metal is have fun and be yourself :P

Already experienced a moshpit and was covered in so many bruises 😂
      Thanks!

• - Check the weather before going, especially if it's an outdoor venue. Make sure you dress appropriately and wear layers if needed.
    - See if the venue allows you to bring in food and/or water. Water is fine usually. The last place I went, food was allowed as well as long as it fit in a gallon-sized zipped bag. We threw little snacks in there to munch on, which can save you some money.
    - Wear comfortable shoes. Cannot stress that enough. I've gotten blisters when I haven't done that.

• wear a helmet and steel toe boots

• 29d

Oh dear.. sounds like Im going to war instead 😂😭