Obstacles to face while exploring a temple?

In this fanfic I am doing, they are in a temple searching for something - I want to add some dangerous aspects, but I am drawing blanks other than rickety bridges. I've love to hear your ideas for obstacles to face while in the temple... This is a fantasy story, so the obstacles don't have to be things you can face in RL temples etc.

What Guys Said 7

• From my experience with The Legend of Zelda, monsters that jump out of clay pots and attack you by surprise. Also bugs that come out of the walls and crawl all over you. The only way to get them off is by rolling on the floor.

• You ever watching a Nickeloden show called Legend of the hidden temple?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or9rgYXiYyg

• Loose stones, weakened floors (with a long drop underneath), traps, animals that have taken up residence, slippery surfaces, collapsing ceilings, doors that close behind you and can't be opened...

• Watch Indiana Jones movies to get some ideas and inspiration.

• Pyramid Head?

• Um a monster.
    Pit of spikes. Pit of snakes.

• they are often full of religious people. thats always a giant obstacle (in life in general lol)

What Girls Said 1

• Dangerous animals living in the temple, maybe falling rocks or some such, angry spirits if that works for the story, poison gas, pitfall traps, stuff along those lines I think could work.

• 25d

Oh also, since it's a fantasy story, maybe a door that only opens if you answer a riddle

• 24d

The answer is... a talking cabbage.

I would be a pretty shitty riddle door xD

• 24d

Lol yeah. I don't think anyone could get that riddle tbh