Science fiction or epic fantasy?

Let the games begin! :D

• Science fiction of course! The force is strong with us!
  • Epic fantasy! One does not simply choose otherwise!
  • Both! I can't decide if I want to become a Jedi or if I want to get into Hogwarts!
  • Neither, I'm out of here...
  • Give me the answers man!
18d Please do not think of this just as Star Wars vs LOTR question, there is more to fiction than blockbusters :)

What Guys Said 16

• Both, having unrealistically advanced and high-tech stuff from science fiction as well as powerful supernatural stuff from fantasy. A balance of both is ideal, for me anyways.

• Star Wars is not real sci-fi, it's closer to epic fantasy than sci fi if you ask me. Star Trek is the definition of sci fi for me...

• Both, Star Wars is good, Westworld, Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones...

• Ohhh I don't know i thin scfi because altho warcraft has my favorite lore and its a fantasy besides that and lotr and game of thrones there aren't any others that jump out at me
    Scfi i got starwars, halo, overwatch, gears of war, alien... the list goes on and on 👌🏼

• I prefer sci-fi but sci-fi genre is more than Star Wars. It's such a broad definition. Star Wars specifically is a space opera.

• 18d

I just wanted to make answer more sci fi-ish, doesn't have to be just Star Wars :) I've enjoyed lots of sci fi movies, shows and books such as Futurama, The Martian, Hunger Games, Space Odyssey, Black Mirror, Twilight Zone, X Files, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Solaris etc.

• not possible to choose between the two.

• Science fiction of course! Epic fantasies are a lot easier to actually live..

• I voted Sci Fi just because you say The Force is strong with us.

• When I was younger I was all about sci-fi n shit, now its fantasy.

• I love both, I just can't decide :D

• Both...

• first one

• System overload - must repair cpu and come back

• Sci-fi hands down! I am a hater of Harry Potter, Twilight, etc. And I am a lover of Star Trek.

• That messed up Japanese stuff with the tentacles...

What Girls Said 6

• Probably epic fantasy but I really love both 😊

• I just rewatched The Neverending Story 1 and 2, so I'm fully onboard with epic fantasy as of now. I do love Star Wars and The Uglies and every singe mecha anime out there (I consider that cartoon sci-fi), I can pick fantasy right now.

• Science fiction!

• All of the above :P

• I enjoy both genres.

• What about a sci-fi epic fantasy?