Music lovers, anybody ever heard of a band called Highly Suspect?

They are a local band from my town who we used to listen to at the Local bars and house parties. These guys are finally starting to make a name for themselves. I'm curious if people all around the country or world know of them yet? Here's one of their songs, the lyrics of which actually fit in nicely with the gag community. It's called My Name is Human.

Give a listen and tell me what you think.
thanks,
Sarah💟🎼🎤😊

19d Here's another. a slow love song ❤️that I love which even mentions our little home town! It's called Chicago. Hope you like them.
https://youtu.be/0cpNfLAouSQ
7d recent revues of the album have been stellar and most point towards more Grammy nods! here's what the Washington Post, Loudwire and NPR have to say...
www.washingtonpost.com/.../...1c65d2043_story.html

loudwire.com/.../

www.npr.org/.../first-listen-highly-suspect-the-boy-who-died-wolf
6d A great Rolling Stone Magazine article came out yesterday on them!
www.rollingstone.com/.../highly-suspect-talk-blue-collar-roots-on-tour-debauchery-w453031
14h cdn.pastemagazine.com/.../...s%202017%20Header.jpg
This just in! My Name Is Human was just nominated for best rock song! Up against some serious heavyweights like David Bowie, Radiohead Metallica as well as other newcomers 21 Pilots.

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 20

• Never heard of them.
    The first one is borderline for my taste. The second has a nice intro, but should have the strenght of the first on some parts I think, otherwise, is too vanilla.
    Overall cool. I always find it dificult to like a song when someone tells me to listen to it, cause usuallt, I'm not on the right mindset. It usually works better, when you listen it associated with a situation, or listen it repeatedly casually.

For instance, by the time I'm finishing writing this, I already like the second, more than when I stated a few lines above :D

• 19d

Thanks. I know what you mean. Glad you like. Hope u listen to some of their other stuff too. A cool cover song from the 80's I think called Send me An Angel.

• 19d

I just listened to the Scorpions one, and HS version.
      It sounds really relaxing... heaven like. Again at the beginning, I'd like more strength on the chorus, but by the end of the song, I prefer it the way it is.

• Yeah, they play them on the station I listen to (I'm just north of you, btw) - they sang "Lydia", ne?

• 18d

Yes Lydia was Johnny's (the lead singer) girlfriend!

• 18d

Nice to meet you as well but you'll have to do more deductive reasoning to figure out where "home" is. lol.

• 18d

I missed cape cod. Is that where you are?

• it's alright, reminds me of 90's grunge.

• Good stuff. I've listened to them before when their first record Lydia came out. Good ole American rock with a hint of bluesy. I like them a lot. Already downloaded this new album.

• no i've never heard of them.

• I've not heard of them.

• I have never heard of this group.

• 18d

They're brand new but just got written up in Rolling Stone as one of the best new bands to watch and their fist full album that came out Friday is already number 3

• For a post grunge band these guys sound pretty good compared to the newer rock that I've heard recently. However, as far as I'm concerned, rock music died in the early 1990's and these guys seem to fall into that depressing, dark and doom trap that turned a lot of suburban kids away from rock and into hip hop. Personally, I think that every one of these newer bands should listen to some old Van Halen albums for some much needed inspiration. Lighter, fun subject matter and more ripping guitar solos would be a refreshing change of pace from this depressing shit. Nevertheless, these guys are good considering where they're coming from. And I can't believe that I'm actually waxing poetic for Van Halen...

• 18d

Listen to this one then,
      It could've come straight off of VH Women and Children First from 1980

https://youtu.be/3IftkMFmF5k

• 9h

That's great about My Name is Human, although I don't really think the Grammy's mean very much concerning musical quality. It's a popularity contest and a way for some bands to get name recognition and to reach a wider audience. Been listening to early Monster Magnet on Youtube over the last two days. They were very good on their first 3 albums! You should check it out...

• 9h

Space Lord!

• They sound alright. The pace for this song seems off to me but overall they aren't too bad.

• I never knew they existed! I'll give them a try.

• Sorry, not into that kinda music 😕

• Never heard of them until now, but lol a little home town called Chicago?

• Nope, but I usually listen only to Trance on Pandora these days. Sometimes 1930's-1980's if I'm feeling nostalgic.

• Nope. Sorry.

• 19d

do you like either sing I posted?

• 18d

Sounds like he recognized he treated her like crap but couldnt get her off his mind. Remorseful.

• 18d

Ah, okay.

• I have not

• hadn't heard of them, like their stuff so far. My Name is Human sounds almost like Tool.

• 12h

After I put this up the got Grammy nominated for best rock song of the year.
      Against Radiohead, David Bowie, 21 Pilots and Metallica. Thanks for listening. 💟

• decidedly average in my opinion... sorry nut i think new music should move things on

• It's the first time today for me, that I heard of them.

• The sound like a heavier 21 pilots. But i liked it.

• 18d

Interesting analogy. I like 21 pilots but don't get the comparison. Thanks for taking time to listen.

• nah dey suck

What Girls Said 19

• Thank you, @SarahsSummer for the Kind Invite. Beautiful hun, Thank you for Caring and Sharing.
    Although I don't know "highly Suspect," I can truly Appreciate you Relating songs to Gag. Whenever lately at the Movies, I see this New Musical that is Coming out Soon Called, "La la land," the Music reminds me of Gag Community. I Go far far Away in thought, as I Sit there, Mesmerized... xx

• 18d

Thank you, Lovely, for the Like, and Happy Thanksgiving. xx

• no i haven't, but i will give all music a chance.

it's neat having a band come out of your town~ billy talent is from my hometown, and they even went to my high school. so i'll definitely give this a try. thanks for sharing!

• I have never heard of them before, but I hope they do make the big time!

• I've never heard of them but all I listen to is classic rock. They are pretty good though.

• I love music! Never heard of this band. Not bad.

• Yep. Heard of them on my local rock station actually on Wednesday haha

• 19d

Ha. That's great. They've been in my local radio station for a couple years now but that's just because of the local thing. I figured they must be getting bigger when they showed up on an Apple Music rock playlist. Which was really exciting. Where are you located?

• 19d

Look at my update then and listen to there song named Chicago!!

• 19d

I'll check it out!

• never heard of them. listening to first song now and it sounds really good.

• No. I guess I'll check them out

• I've heard of them but never listened to them before.

• Awesome. Nice stuff. Kinda sound like deftones

• I love their name... the music is OK.

• I haven't but sounds cool.

Do you know who Lori McKenna is? She's one of my favorite singer/song writers and I think she's from near you.

• Never heard of them.

• Nope I have never ever

• never heard of them before

• Sorry I have never heard of them.

• I never herd of this band before until I just herd the video just now

• Love their song lydia!

• They're so bad
    Make my rap career actually seem like it should be taking off

• 18d

What's the correlation?

• 18d

If they a band then I sure as hell should be a rapper cuz I bout 100x better then they

• 16d

but they've been nominated for a couple Grammy's, Have you?