If someone tells a joke you've already heard how do you typically respond?

Does it change based on whether it was a good joke? Do you cushion their feelings and just appreciate the joke? Or politely tell them you've seen the joke previously?

And since I'm already on the topic... what if the same person tells you a joke they already told you the joke and is telling it like they don't even remember they told you?

Most Helpful Guy

• It is written in the constitution of America and in UK law that someone telling you a joke that you have already heard provides reasonable grounds for a chair shot. You must grab the nearest steel chair and hit them firmly across the cranium.

OR, alternatively, I just laugh and pretend I haven't heard it already ^.^ lol

Most Helpful Girl

• I usually forget jokes no matter how bad or good, so I'd probably laugh like it was my first time hearing it if it was a good one.

What Guys Said 5

• I usually pretend it's the first time I heard it, since I don't want to disappoint them by not finding it funny. If it's a really good friend, sure, I'll tell them it's getting old..

• A joke is a joke. I will listen to the whole joke again. Laugh a lot. Then tell him , I liked the joke before also.

• I usually still laugh to be nice and tell them after that I've heard it before

• pretend to answer the phone and say oh its for you... the 90s want their joke back

• I tell them I already heard it or politely smile.

What Girls Said 5

• I just pretend I haven't heard it before and tell them it's funny. I am the person that repeats old jokes and i appreciate when people humour me and pretend I have never said it before.

• I still laugh even if I know it.

• I usually laugh and say something like good one, I think I've heard that one.

• 14d

As for your follow up, sometimes I'm a smart ass to people I know and like so I'd say it was better the first 20 times you told us.

• i laugh mildly and sometimes say i've heard it

• Chuckle and say "oh yeah... I think I heard that one"