Do you enjoy entertainment in other languages?

I am American and I speak English. I most recently got into Kpop. I think the performances, music, and interviews are great. I listen to Shinee, EXO, Jay Park, Blackpink, 2NE1, and other artists. I also really enjoy watching foreign movies with subtitles and I have started watching tv shows in other languages as well. I think it is refreshing to explore various types of entertainment outside of my own culture.

Do you enjoy entertainment in other languages too? If so, what do you like to listen to or watch?

What Guys Said 16

• well it depends on the language which you are interested in
    Arabic is my mother language
    watching lots of tv shows helped me a lot and learning another language helps you see things differently...
    also i like Japanese anime i highly recommend you start watching some

• Ohhhhh good mate, good mate!!! Kpop is awesome. I listen to all you names above with the exception of Exo lol. Well, I listen to a few songs but overall I'm not a big fan of the group.

• Japanese, Gaelic, Gypsy though that is several languages depending on the tribe/group and were they are based. That's about it though.

• I always want to see other country but I think still should go through English for me.
    I think I can enjoy Turkish tv series. I am trying to look back for that TV series from a Turk's instroduction but now I am losing that link he gave. @@"

• I listen to A LOT of Reggaeton / Spanish and I don't know Spanish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zp1TbLFPp8

Very nice stuff :)

• I like some foreign music, if it's good it can be great. French, Spanish, one Polish and one Icelandic.

As for movies, I saw one that was just hilarious and others that were okay.

• I watch a lot of foreign film.

• I watch and listen to shit in Italian

• I love watching Russian pornos. Does that count😂

• Yes I'm Egyptian and I like it in English

• I watch a lot of anime and I'm Australian, the openings to the songs are really catchy and I have heaps on my phone

• I like Spanish music

• Yeah

• My enjoy stuff in English and Tagalog, as well as anime in Japanese (with English subtitles).

• You sound like my little sister

• I've been watching a lot of east Asian action movies and anime lately for some odd reason. It's cool to see what other cultures like as far as entertainment goes.

I'm learning the language a bit too, however because it goes from Cantonese (or Mandarin?) to Japanese, I'm not learning as much as I could. They run together!

What Girls Said 8

• I only listen to media in Arabic , French and English.
    I like Turkish series too but I don't understand so I watch it translated in Syrian Arabic.

• Yeah, I watch a ton of Horror, Comedy and Action film's/show's from Asia and Spain and Drama's from India and Africa. They are really damn good! Most of the time I don't verbally understand wtf they are saying, but I can feel what they are trying expressing universally lol. I also listen to a lot of Spanish, Polynesian, Arabic and French song's.

• That's like 90% of what I view.

• jpop and some kpop
    i also like watching japanese dramas

• Yeah the kpop industry is everywhere 😂

• I listen to a lot of kpop and Korean indie as well as Japanese rock (you should check out one ok rock, they are amazing), and then Korean and Japanese dramas are amazing! I suggest My Love Eun-Dong to watch or Battle Royale.

• hmmmmm nah

• I'm not sure I understand your question. Ha ha...