Do you believe actors should play roles that match their personality only?

Yes, because disappointment is huge when you find out an actor's actual personality is miles away from the role he/she became known about.

For example if as an actor you became popular portraying a married guy devoted to his wife, but in real life you are totally against marriage... is plainly ridiculous, because you give people the wrong impression about yourself.

• Yes
  • No
15d Personally I would refuse to take a role that was against my personality/beliefs or if I had to change my looks for the sake of the role.

Most Helpful Girl

• Doesn't Tom Cruise already do that?

Most Helpful Guy

• No but it's preffered cause it's easier for them and they can do it better

What Girls Said 2

• No, that's ridiculous. The whole point of acting is to pretend to be someone else for a while, why on earth would you only want to portray people that are the same as you.

• No, that's stupid. The whole point of acting is you put on a role of someone else, and it would be really boring if you had to always play the same role.

What Guys Said 3

• No, they wouldn't be actors if they couldn't fake personalities. And we shouldn't relate characters to real life, they're only being professional.

• That's not acting then. It's their profession to be somebody they are not. Just being yourself isn't acting.

• Then whats the point of acting😂😂