Is it illegal to access the deep web?

Most Helpful Guy

• No it is not. Fun fact the TOR browser was devoted by the military. No it is not illegal to access the deep web. The popular browsers censor some stuff from the internet. However if you like buy drugs while your on the deep web or something like that, yeah that's illegal. But there is a lot of information on the internet and some can be found in the deep web

Most Helpful Girl

• Deep web are webpages that are not accessible via google search or other pages. You have to know the link to get to them, they are not illegal.

Dark web you have to use TOR to access and it is not illegal, but it is often used for illegal activities (Drug and Sex trafficking), but whistleblowers have used it too.

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 18

• It's not illegal, but many things there are said to be illegal.
    Thus if you try to set up a TOR tunnel, I suppose the NSA will track you a bit more.

• NO... although there are some illegal things on the deep web. The majority of deep web content is LEGAL.

• From what I've heard it's not illigal to access the deep Web but the majority of the content available is illigal. But quite frankly unless yiu are trying to access illigal content what's the point in trying

• It is legal. If you want to do it there is guy on youtube Some ordinary gamers who gave excellent tutorial on how to access deep web while staying safe. Basically anything you need to know about it.

• no. but a lot of things you find on there are illegal, that's why it's hidden there.

• Most things on the deep web are illegal, but it's not illegal to access the deep web.

• No it's not. In one of my college classes they taught us how to do it, but I forgot. Dammit😂

• Not at all. I remember when CNN said it was illegal to read wikileaks lol. Do you even know what the deep web is?

Yeah. My cousin has access to it.

You do that is just a term that relates to the so called "black market" ?

• I don't think it is... but the stuff you can do there is

• Its illegal but there pretty much no way to get caught if you're that deep in the web. there's some called a red room in the the deep web where they torture and kill someone live for the people in the deep web its kind of scary

thats stupid. anywhere u can go, someone can follow. digital and reality

• No. Some content on the deep web is illegal though.

• It's at least stupid, that's where the cyber branches of the mafia are. Hey lets walk into the black market for fun!!!

• The deep web is completely legal. You use the deep web everyday.

• absolutely not ;) you can browse the deep web ;)

• I've done it

• How do u do that?

• It's not illegal to access the deep web but some stuff might be illegal to do.

• u wouldn't know how to access it anyway

Why would I be asking if it was alright if I didn't know how?

What Girls Said 1