Do you plan to see the live-action version of Beauty and the Beast?

Men go sit in a corner for I know y'all will just tease us for liking this. :P

• I do
  • I don't

Most Helpful Guy

• "A tale as old as time a song as old as rhyme" 😝 Yeah I'll go watch it.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 20

• Absolutely EMMA Watson as belle. That's reason #1-5 to watch. But also because I believe they can do it a real solid I've action justice, unlike this series that I watched. And also liked but it's not like the typical B & B i grew up to.

images.8tracks.com/.../...02082-1000-1280-4451.jpg

• I plan on seeing this in theaters, just because the 1991 animated movie is one of my favorite films and I'm curious about what Disney can do with it in live action. :D

However, I highly doubt it will match what Disney already accomplished with the 1991 movie, let alone improve on it. That was seriously one of the best musicals ever made, in my opinion; also, every song advanced the story in a truly integral way, which is actually pretty rare for a lot of musicals. And it's one of the few "kids' movies" that actually is better to me watching it as an adult than it was when I was little (even though I liked it a lot back in the 90s too).

So it has a lot to live up to. But most likely, I think this will end up like their live-action "Cinderella" (2015) or maybe a little better than that: i. e., a nice try, but definitely not transcendent like it should be, considering the source material. xD

• I never thought about it this way, but this movie is about a girl that discovers bestiality is her kink.

• I like Broadway musicals a lot (probably my favorite thing to do when going out), but I never like ones like this.

• Of course I do, I can't wait, it looks like a great movie, and fantasy is one of my favorite genres :D

• The weird thing is that the Beast in this trailer looks reasonably attractive, which is the opposite of the point, right? @redeyemindtricks do you suppose there will ever be a "Beauty and The Beast" with a man-beast and female beauty? ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvJuJKOmZAY

• 11d

Doesn't he kind of represent everything a woman would want? Wealthy, a prince (status), good-looking, strong, a protector? I don't get how this is "a beast."

• 10d

@redeyemindtricks I thought of another movie about a less-than-gorgeous couple that everybody should see. Won the Oscar for best picture in 1955 and it is great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMP-uD8F8tc

• 10d

Will have to look at these later tx

• I'm doubting it'll be at all as good as the cartoon, but yes. Maybe it will be good in a different way. Plus it's Disney. I can't miss a Disney movie. lol

• nope, not interested. But I'm not really a movies guy

• Nope I have no desire to do that.

• What? No! I thought Twilight already ended lol

• if you had my girlfriend, i would go to see it with you just because you want it but most probably i wouldn't go to see it as a lonely man:(

• Maybe. I did enjoy the cartoon when I was a kid.

• Nope.

• This is a remake of a childhood memory. I don't think sex factors into it that much.

• Saw the stage show bruh

• No its with emma watson. I dont like her.

• Maybe. But the original animated film set the bar really high, so it will be hard for this to equal it. Just hope they keep Emma Watson's preachy feminism far, far away from this movie!

• Apparent the sex scenes between belle and the beast are more erotic than fifty shades and with emma watson looking like she's twelve its going to be a hit in Japan

• The new "Jungle Book" is my third favorite Disney movie ("Aladdin" second, "Zootopia" numero uno). So I guess I'll give this one a watch.

• Maybe I might see it if there was an IMAX version.

What Girls Said 22

• I decided yet. I still have a free movie pass that I've had for years because I wanted to use it wisely. I like going to the movies alone and I will see if I have time to see it. It looks super good! Did you notice the producers mirrored the new trailer with old trailer from the old, animated movie?

• Absolutely! Not sure who I will see it with though... already subjected my boyfriend to Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and this one isn't close enough to my birthday. Lol. Even if it were I couldn't force this on him.

• Yes I'm so excited. I can't wait to see my life folded out on the big screen aka the beast lmao.

• No, because I've already seen a very very amazing french version of the tale called "La belle et la bĂȘte" . It is completely amazing from the costumes to the actors to the settings. One of a kind and having seen the trailer of this upcoming American version of the tale I'm not really excited.

• Yep!! Been waiting for it for so long.

• I will watch it at home eventually but won't goto see it in theatres.

• Yes! I cannot wait! Beauty and the Beast is my favorite animated movie and I love Emma Watson, so will definitely be seeing the live-action version.

• Yes. I want to see how it compares to the original and mentally disect it using my Paranormal Romance know how.

• Yes, I'd like to see it :)

• No. It looks terrible. And Watson looks awkward as Belle. I feel like there were way better options out there for the part than her. And the Beast looks like Cowardly Lion with horns.

• I'm so excited for this! Favorite Disney movie

• Yeah I'll go see it. Only for the nostalgia and to compare it with the original.

• Out of all the cartoon Disney movies I have seen, Beauty and the Best was my favorite, so yes I'll watch the movie version.

• I WILL WATCH! :D

Now that I've been notified of this masterpiece!

• Shouldn't belle be French? Not British?

• I really can't stand these disney live-action rehashes... complete lack of creativity in the film industry recently. I do think Emma Watson is a wonderful actress however.

• nope.

• ABSO-frickin-LUTELY!!! ❤️ the live action Cinderella was wonderful so I'm thinking this will be too!

• Yeah I kind of want to see it

• Nope! I do not like Emma Watson. *Laughing crying face emotion*

• I want to watch this!!! I loved beauty and the beast when I was little.

• That's fucking cancer