How badly have you ever misheard lyrics?

I thought that manfred manns earth band said something along the line of, gave his anus churly terly in their cover of Blinded by the light.
When its
Came by in his curly-wurly

Most Helpful Girl

• "She was looking kinda dumb with her finger up her bum in the shape of an L on her forehead" ~ All Stars

Most Helpful Guy

• I misheard "i will be one tough act to follow" for "i will be one tough fag to follow" in Beautiful by Eminem lmao.

What Girls Said 10

• Omg!!! So my parents and I were going to the mall and we're listening to songs on the radio and Justin Timberlake song came on
    What J. T said, " I got this feeling inside my bones."
    What my dad heard: " did he say balls?"
    My mom start singing: " I got this feeling inside my balls"
    😂😂 we still laugh everytime because even though we know he is saying bones, it still sounds like balls to us.

• My mum, when she was learning English (it's not her first language) heard the song by Otis Redding - Sitting on the dock of a bay as 'sitting on the top of a wave' xD

• very badly

• "Hold me closer, Tony Danza!"
    😂

• The name for this phenomenon is "Mondegreen" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mondegreen

• I don't remember exactly but a few years ago when I didn't know English that good, I heard the words that didn't exist at all or had wholly different meanings 😂

• This jingle of a certain chinese steamed bun brand from my home country... it actually says "chick yen, chick yen, the true steamed bun" in my language. But what I understood, translated into English, was "lady Yen, lady Yen, who never showers"

• Blank space - Taylor swift
    'Starbucks lovers'

• What's an influencer?

• 9d

something new that gag decided to make some people.
      I just got a message that I'm an influencer completely out of the blue a couple days ago

• That MKTO song "Classic" thought they sang the chorus as "baby you're so PLASTIC" just lol

What Guys Said 14

• The first time I heard PANDA by Designer on the radio, I thought he was saying, "Paaaaanda... panda... pound it, pound it, pound it..."

And I was like, "Oh, makes sense. It's rap. Of course he would take the opportunity to do a play on words and transition from 'panda' to 'pound it.'"

I was then talk about it with my white friend, who is Greek (out of all nationalities), but is so "hood" it's not funny. This is the same guy who gave me a lecture on the meaning behind "Trap Queen." To which I replied, "I can barely understand what the hell he's saying, except for a few phrases like 'never let it go' .. 'baby' .. 'hey! What's up? Hello!' .. and 'married to the money, I ain't never let it go." But I digress.

He then goes into this deep analysis of what a "panda" is (a BMW x-5 with white paint and black tinted windows), and why this is symbolic in traditionally low socioeconomic neighborhoods because it is usually the epitome of a man's success and ability to move out the hood when he rolls back in the hood with a panda.

And then I thought to myself, "This guy just totally fucked up this song for me. I thought it was just some rap about guns, being a wannabe gangsta, sex bitches and hoes. Now I realize that Designer was just saying panda, and that panda has some deeper meaning or significance. I can't enjoy the song the same way now."

• There's an old song I heard, I think from the 1960's, thet has a line "Forever in blue jeans" (I think).

I first thought it was "For Reverend Blueknees".

An even older one was "Whoops there goes another rubber tree plant" (again, I think).

I heard it as "Whoops there goes another lavatory pan".

Note to mum: Please get a better music system...

• In the second verse... "Kicked my bow in the arse cheeks!" 😂

https://youtu.be/qRF0aAGnJOw

• Yeah, I always heard "my anus curly wurly" in that song too.

• 0|1
  • I've really misheard lyrics in a bunch of songs and I got in trouble for mentioning the titles to my parents.

• Yes all the time
    Def Leppard Pour some sugar Radar phone as Red Iphone,
    Poison nothing but a good time I just like my fun as Lock my phone
    Stairway to heaven Sometimes all of our thoughts are misgiven. as misleading
    The tune will come to you at last. as it will cum to you at last

• Ken Lee!!! Tilibidibudachyuu...

Ken Leeeeeee... Ken Leee mechu more!

• haha it's common. Try listening to foreign music. Sometimes I think it's English with strange lyrics

• I think we all heard "starbucks lovers"

• Badly Neil Diamond forever in blue jeans I thought it said reverend blue jeans lol.

• Wrapped up like deuce, a rubber boner in the night..."

• The entirety of hell awaits by slayer

• I was listening to Uptown Funk and the lyrics "fill my cup put some liquor in it" sounded like "fill my cup, p*ssy n*gga" and I thought the world was messed up until I actually read the lyrics.