Would it be safe to go to a concert by myself?

My favorite band will not come to my country so I was thinking about going to one of their concerts in Germany. I'm not concerned about traveling on my own (I've done it before). What I don't know is if it would be safe to go to a concert by myself in a country where I don't know anybody in case anything happened.
Any thoughts or suggestions?Would it be safe  to go to a concert by myself?

2d I did explain that I'm not concerned about going traveling alone. What I'm concerned about is going to a concert by myself.

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 12

• You got to ask yourself if you really want to see this band live then is it worth going on your own? to travel that far I would always not go on my own but this decision is up to you do some research on the city you are visiting in Germany and look at ways to make sure you will be safe look at advice and stuff look at the crime rate in the city etc

• I don't see anything dangerous in that anymore than traveling alone. I have been in many concerts and the atmosphere and people are usually very nice, no matter how heavy the music is. It's just a propaganda that rock concerts are dangerous places since everyone are on drugs and people on drugs wants to do harm to you. In fact I think it's even safer to be in the concert than traveling, since there is so many people in there in one place having a good time. You are much more vulnerable to a crime when you don't see anyone around you.

• If you decide to go to the concert by your self, you should have one close friend that you could check in with or close family to let them know how your doing but in another country can be hard , it could turn out to be just fine.

Myself i would never take the chance without having someone know that
    I'm at at a concert in Germany , even if you had someone to travel to concert
    and stay with you during the concert would be better than nothing at else.

• I think it would depend on who you're seeing (artist or band) and the location. I don't know what it's like or the laws in Germany but I've been to a few concerts here in Canada by myself.

• Just wear appropriate clothing.

vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest

• I don't have any friends in my town to go to concerts with, so I always go by myself.

• Yeah, unless it is in a really dicey venue. I've been to concerts in other countries and it was a lot of fun. Never felt in danger, though it can be different for girls. But Germany is usually pretty safe.

• Don't know... now days americans are as popular outside us and you become "target of opportunity" look up missing Americans news just don't blast it because it's not sensational enough

• 2d

Thanks, but I'm not American. Traveling from the other side of the Atlantic to Germany just for a concert would be kinda crazy.

• 2d

Lol it happens plenty of Looneys

• Do some research

• A lone wolf could always have a pack for company! The more sheep the merrier

• Are you sure Germany is safe with all the sex-crazed "refugees" roaming the streets?

• I've done it

What Girls Said 11

• It could be a fun experience. I'm not saying don't do it, but you do hear those kinds of stories on the news all the time. The girl disappears & no one knows what happened... Just be cautious

• I went to a concert by myself but it wasn't in another country, I would be skepticle bc I wouldn't know what people are saying, I'd be a little afraid not gonna lie.

• 2d

What was your experience like? I'm skeptical because some people get drunk and get high during concerts. That's why I was thinking that going alone might not be such a good idea

• 2d

I had a good time no one bothered me, I heard a few people Iike they wanted to talk to me but it was good, someone even gave a free ticket. But If I was overseas I think ab the movie hostel lol

• Well, I don't think it's a problem... If you don't put yourself in dangerous positions, then it's ok. People go to concerts to enjoy the show, not to get into trouble. Especially a Aerosmith concert, which is rock music.
    I've been to an Alter Bridge (hard rock/metal band) gig in Barcelona all by myself and everyting went fine, even though people were drinking.
    So I'd say : Go for it ! ;)

• Of course it would be safe, why wouldn't?

• 2d

I was concerned about being alone in an environment were people get drunk and get high.

• I have been out by myself a lot of times. But I am very street smart, and just dont talk to anyone or take rides from random men at night. It can be very dangerous to do. I would not recommend a young teenage girl to do it. I am in my mid 20s, and usually am aware of my surroundings versus someone who is younger.

• Well, if you are unsure or concerned about it, then I say stick with your gut. Besides, concerts are always more fun when you go with someone else who enjoys the same music you do. :)

• It could be dangerous so I think you should go to there with someone

• You would probably have a blast and meet some cool new people.

• I think you'll probably meet some people there too. You can ask some bigger group if they will walk you to your car/bus and then get to a hotel etc safely.

• Go for it!

• Do you speak German? If so you should be fine. Just warn someone you know that you're going and say you're gonna call if everything is okay. If you don't call they should be concerned.