How do you interpret this animation?

in my opinion, I think it's about a guy who's miserable because he likes/loves a girl that just keeps falling through his fingers, and her dancing represents her playing hard to get. As she finally becomes real, and perhaps in a way says to him, 'I'm ready to be with you now', it's apparent he's grown tired of the games, and walks away.
I could be completely off the mark, but that's just how I interpret it when I see it.

Most Helpful Guy

• The two were married but the woman died and now the man is very depressed as he constantly thinks about her

Most Helpful Girl

• I think there are many ways to interpret this.
    My initial thoughts were that maybe the woman was someone who had died, and the memory of her kept lingering in his head. But as time goes on, the guy is letting go, growing tired of remembering her, until he lets go of her completely.
    The woman playing hard to get could also be an interpretation.
    Another interpretation could be that he keeps fantasizing about a girl, but once he musters up the courage to actually get to know her, the image he had of her was not enough and the real her was a disappointment. So he then leaves because the expectations weren't met, hurting her in the process because she was really into him.

• They're really good interpretations that I wouldn't have initially thought of

• "Another interpretation could be that he keeps fantasizing about a girl, but once he musters up the courage to actually get to know her, the image he had of her was not enough and the real her was a disappointment. So he then leaves because the expectations weren't met, hurting her in the process because she was really into him. "

^^ thank you for writing this, so that I can just copy and paste it <3

Luci... lol
      I like how half this forum is hopelessly in love with you because you're a fantasy character who lives halfway around the world, and yet you STILL don't think of this interpretation.
      (don't get me wrong, you're fucking awesome, but, the real-life you is not actually going to be the dream girl of 50+% of gag)

• @redeyemindtricks Wait, what? ahahaha

Sponsored

What Guys Said 8

• He wanted this idea of a woman more than anything. Yet, every time a girl who seemed to personify it came into his life, she betrayed those principles somehow and slowly murdered his vision. Those fakes destroyed his ideals until he lost faith in them. Finally, a woman came along that looked nothing like the fantasy. She was willing to give him everything she had. But he had no faith left to give her anything with. Which crushed her, as she now had to pay for the mistakes of her predecessors.

Which kinda makes me feel no sympathy for her predecessors.

• He was a floor mat that was always supporting her, even though she is an undeserving, manipulative headcase that's trying to play games (hard to get). In the end she realized that her behavior cost her a good man, and she deserved it (him leaving and giving up on her). She wasn't ready for such a good guy anyway. That's how I see it.

• Wow! Very moving piece there.
    I originally was considering that he was dreaming, in his slumber he was remembering someone he loved. It was beautifully portrayed.
    But towards the middle and end, I got the idea that he had conjured an 'ideal' partner, imagined her and how they would interact and the frustrations at not being able to connect with this 'ideal', which was depicted by her slipping through his fingers, or dissolving in his embrace. But he was manufacturing this perfect woman to be everything he needed, a partner, in life, a carer, guardian, lover, but in all aspects there seemed to be an element missing. He was getting weighed down with the pressure he was placing on himself (denoted by the lengthened limbs and bold, heavy lines and shading). He threw off all of this and when he did so, he found his ideal woman in reality, but he had faded, as the person he had been dreaming of was a part of him, that part that he had cast aside. It was that part of him that caused him to fail to connect with the reality of relationship at the end. He had lost touch with a potential connection because he had given up on a dream before it could be realised...

• I am close to your interpretation - I was definitely feeling a "Lost Love" or maybe she died in the first 95% of the animation but as you say at the end she got real and he walked away. Lots of ways to go but I will go she is remembering being in love and a separation, I think she is one in love and for some reason it breaks, he rejected her or died (I am getting a strong vibe of dying whether a person or love I am not sure). That is my main theory.
    My second theory is she betrayed or cheated him and realised she was wrong. She came back looking for forgiveness and he wouldn't give it.

• A guy who seems to be in love with a person who seems to be hard to get or even not right for him, but he keeps on trying to pursue this girl. And later he realizes that it's a waste of effort, that she doesn't deserve this. The girl either misses his attention or realized how great a guy he can be so she became 'more than a ghost' xD
    And he is like... Nope!

Beautiful animation btw!

• I interpret it as him playing with a girl as a fantasy, but can't cope with her as a reality.

• It's about someone struggling with something personified by the person they pursue. Then overcoming and moving on. Leaving their past in the shadows

• I've seen this animation in a song of Coldplay - Gravity. Anyways, I think a guy is chasing a girl who keeps playing games with him, and when she finally says "You are worthy of me," he just decides she's not worth it and walks away.

What Girls Said 7

• I'll show this to my compatriots and I'll wait for them to mutter the word: paasa.
    Here's what I've told myself when the credits were flashing: "Paasa yung babae, putek." (The girl made herself look worth depending, *cuss word*).
    A lesson for both figures:
    "Don't do unto others what you don't want others do unto you."
    "The truth will set you free."
    Both doors will be opened for them. The guy may be more wary of those "actresses". The girl may cease manipulation, may start refraining from being an "actress" and may try to be her genuine self.
    I was observing the girl throughout the animation because she was the apple of the guy's eye; she was the prize and I wanted to know WHY the guy went crazy over her.

• I think it's a man who fell in love with the *idea* of a woman in his life but as soon as she becomes real, she falls for him and he decides that he only wanted the idea of love rather than the actual thing.

I love the way they dance, like they slow down in the most complex beautiful parts.

• Aw, that's a lovely way of looking at it.
      Yeah, it's amazing animation.

• I thought it was about a guy who loved a girl but she did him dirty in some way. They had many good times but many bad. She ultimately left him and he can't her out of his mind. However, she comes back eventually, thinking he'll have her back. But no matter how much he misses her and what he thought she was, he knows his worth and even though he loves her, he can't take her back.

• I like this a lot. The girl reminds me of my boyfriend and the guy reminds me of myself. The difference is that I persevered through all the crazy stuff and waited and when my boyfriend was ready to be in a relationship, I was there still ready.

• Its beautiful

• I interpret two people who are so close each other and yet so far... you know...

• a guy and his lost love