Who would win between Dumledore and Gandalf?

Any Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings fans here?

Whom of these old wizards do you think would win in a match?

• Dumbledore
    43%(9)31%(13)Vote19%(4)
  • Gandalf
    57%(12)69%(29)Vote81%(17)
Select a gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Gandalf is a demigod who fought an immensely powerful demon wizard for three days after falling down several kilometers, climbing a mountain and fighting through a horde of goblins. And won.
    Also, he has rather powerful telekinesis (disarmed three expert warriors with a flick of the hand), some level of mind control (controlled Saruman, a very powerful sorcerer on his own right), can create napalm-like fire, lightning powerful enough to ward off the Nazgul and explosions that can kill several goblins instantly, all three basically out of nowhere, and he knows dozens of Words of Power (described as the most powerful type of magic on Middle Earth).
    He also has an elven-forged blade called Glamdring and is quite adept at using it.
    I see no way Dumbledore can defeat him.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 9

• Is this even a question? Gandalf!

0|2
    0|0
    • I know next to nothing about Dumbledore so I thought people would bring up reasons but insofar no one has given any solid reason to support one or the other.

• Show All
    • @Noxifer626 huh... well the movies do make him seem more powerful once he was back

• Maybe it says so and I just don't remember it.

• Well my opinion will be biased because I have watched first movie of LoTR (fellowship of ring) and read the same book halfway through.
    On the other hand I have read HP series twice and lost count how many times I watches movies.
    I'd just say that both have their strengths and weaknesses I guess
    m.quickmeme.com/.../...82d9916052f3e1c5cd9f7cd.jpg

0|1
    0|0
  • Dumbledore for sure - he had no problem doing what needed to be done for his cause. Would totally kick Gandalfs ass

1|0
    0|0
  • My heart say Dumbledore but my brain says Gandalf :-|

0|1
    0|0
  • gandalf cuz dymbleforf is dead

1|0
    0|0
  • I've never finished watching the harry potter movies... so i'll go with Gandalf.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well Gandalf is basically a demigod, right? (I'm not that familiar with LOTR; I've only recently seen the films and had my boyfriend explain a bit about Middle Earth that's not shown in them. And I read The Hobbit aaages ago). Dumbledore's powerful, but he's human. And also, y'know.. dead :')

0|0
    0|0
  • Dumbledore because he would probably attack from behind ;)

2|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 15

• Well since gandolf is technically a supernatural being inside a mortal body, he'll just come back to life IF he is killed. And he'll be back stronger than last time. Also he killed a legendary fire demon. So yea a demigod vs old HUMAN wizard with strong spells. Gandolf stomps.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have to go for Gandalf, he deals with more adult shit. Dumbledore deals with things that scare little children. I think Gandalf would break a staff off in his ass.

0|0
    0|0
  • Dumbledore has nothing on Gandalf XD Gandalf beat a fucking Balrog, what did Dumb-ledore do? Nothing.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd say Dumbledore. But only because Gandalf does not use his magic for tricks or for power. But if you mean who's technically more powerful, it would be Gandalf.

0|0
    0|0
  • Dumbledore. I've seen those fights with Gandalf, throwing eachother around lol. And Dumbledore's got all that awesome stuff.

0|0
    0|0
  • HOLD THA DOOR!

0|0
    0|0
  • Even though I am a big fan of both, I would have to say Gandalf. Even though Dumbledore was an extremely accomplished wizard and he did have the Elder Wand, Gandalf is effectively an immortal demigod, with one of the three elvish rings of power.

0|0
    0|0
  • gandalf all the way.

1|0
    0|0
  • Dumbledore would eat him alive.

0|0
    0|0
  • Gandalf has a big ass sword

0|0
    0|0
  • Gandalf is a demi-God so it's pretty obvious.

0|0
    0|0
  • Voldemort can one shot gandalf with avakadabra. He was scared from Dumbledore, i guess i'll go with dumbledore.

0|0
    0|0
  • Gandalf looks stronger.

0|0
    0|0
  • Neither of them ever really do any magic in the films so we don't know what they can do

0|0
    0|0