Name a CURRENT musician that will stand the test of time?

Most Helpful Guy

• current as in newer artist? or just any artist who currently is making music?

• Current as in a relative artist within our lifetime...

• i'm a classic rock guy so the beatles and stones are pretty much my favorite groups. hard to imagine that their music will ever fade away

i say jay-z only because he's been doing it a long time so i imagine his music will stand the test of time

agree about taylor swift. i personally don't find her music that engaging but she has tons of fans and clearly can write a killer song

• Totally Agree!

Most Helpful Girl

• Michael Bublé

Sponsored

What Guys Said 27

• Garth Brooks.
    I would imagine his music will stand the test of time.

• Current as in currently alive or Current as in currently active in writing and singing? Either way gotta go with Don McLean
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgUaoKc5HuY

• Tom Delonge... Some of his work in the last few years has been really fantastic. He just brings a lot of "soul" to everything he does. It's really too bad he was let go from Blink-182... they became so generic without him, the missing puzzle piece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUfJfps7eS8

Like the top comment on this video says, it's like he really tapped into his inner Phil Collins with this song. It has a certain timeless "quality" to it, I feel... Trouble is, it got very little to no exposure, even being the higher profile musician that he is.

• Tony Bennett has offers from others helping him do this

• The Rolling Stones are still around, right?

• The Rolling Stones

• Yes, Rick Wakeman, Emerson Lake & Palmer, Renaissance, Genesis, Rush, King Crimson, Neil Diamond, Bob Dylan, Beatles, Pink Floyd, Carlos Santana, Jimi Hendrix, etc.,... So much music from the 1960's and '70's is timeless...

• Stevie wonder

• Pink

• A modern or current?
    Ima assume you mean Modern because its more fun that way
    John mayer

• Blake Shelton

• I'm pretty sure Adele is going to hold up.

For me the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

• Lata Mangeshkar.

• The weeknd

• We're in an era of all media that is very much media of the moment. We probably won't even understand why certain songs and shows stand the test of time when it happens. I have literally no guesses of bands, I don't listen to pop music and the music that I do listen to is more of an auditory photograph of life today.

• Santana, Bonnie Raitt, Katie Perry, Sting, Paul Simon, AC/DC, Metallica, the Stones, Yo Yo Ma, Daft Punk, Eric Clapton, Bruce Springsteen, James Taylor, Eminem. Those are some I can think of right now.

• Barry Manilow

• Shakira😍

• I don't know. I'll just pick a random rapper I know that most other people wouldn't know. Bones

• Kanye

• Kid Cudi

• 21 Savage

• Fetty Wap 😂

• George Strait

• racist redneck rebels ,, go search on youtubz

• I don't know. Out of the current crop, I guess someone like Adele. I don't personally enjoy her music, but her music tends to have some kind of meaning behind it (it's not some mindless pop that repeats itself), she seems not to release music too often and oversaturate herself, and she doesn't use her sexuality or body to get that meaningless pop of popularity that no one born in the future is ever going to care about.

What Girls Said 9