To those of you who know about games and gaming technology, would it be cheaper to buy a xbox one or upgrade my pc enough for games?

I really want to play dishonoured 2, loved the first one it was amazing and now very much want to play the 2nd one.

Most Helpful Guy

• it really depends, the problem with computers is that they get old quickly, and sooner or later you have to buy a new pc, it may be cheaper as other people say, but I wouldn't know.

the xbox or if you buy ps4 instead can last much longer. plus you can play games on a nice tv if you have one. just check that your tv can play whatever the system is outputting, hdmi or whatever else.

• I thought you'd just change the parts within the pc like the motherboard, memory packs, rams and other types of software... that's about as I know lol
      And of course you wouldn't watch a bluray without a HD TV so the same with a console of that quality.

• Yep. I have one of game right now, and my PC isn't he best and I don't know which about PC gaming. But it makes sense to change what you have suggested

• Thanks for MhO!!

Most Helpful Girl

• you can go online and get an xbox one for $249 with a controller and minecraft, or something like battlefield, halo 5 or gow bundles for 299... you won't be able to upgrade your pc for that. The xbox one is a better deal

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 14

• Are you on a Desktop PC or a Laptop?

If you are on Desktop, I would think it's still worth upgrading, just compare the costs of it to buying an Xbox One.

On laptops, in most cases you cannot upgrade unless you have a more specialize modular laptop such as those manufactured by Sager or Clevo, since most of the major components like the CPU and Graphics Card are all fixed to the laptop inside and cannot be switched with different ones.

And it would be better to just save the money to either buy a console or spend it toward your next gaming laptop instead.

What are the current specifications of your PC, specifically the CPU, Memory, GPU (graphics card/video card)?

If you have the latest nVidia GeForce GTX 1060 or above graphic cards, then you should be all set and you'd be able to play almost all of the games on the market as it also support VR (Virtual Reality) head sets.

You should have a minimum of 8GB RAM, ideally 16GB RAM for memory, and it doesn't matter if it's DDR3 or DDR4, although DDR4 is newer and faster than DDR3.

As for the CPU if you're on a Desktop, then it's ideal to have an Intel Core i5- 4590 processor at the minimum, anything greater or fast is ideal.

On Laptops, having Intel Core i7- 6700HQ is minimum.

• It would probably be cheaper up front to upgrade your PC but to keep up with upgrades will cost you more over the long term, that's my opinion. PC's become outdated in 6 months. A console will play any game for that console for the entire lifespan of that console.

Others might disagree, this is just a personal opinion. Many would argue that PC gaming is for the purist and I wouldn't necessarily disagree. It is also much more customisable.

• Yeah that's why when people come round my house I still have my playstation 2 and gamecube, despite getting them almost 15 and 13 years ago. Whereas I find the games I do have on pc don't seem to play no more and I'm considering downloading windows 6 or 7 just so that I can play them again, tho donno how I'd go about doing that either.

• I think I have a Jamaican pound, yeah everyone calls me the bird born in the wrong era lol. Music, gaming, cultural values to a degree, I think the only thing modern about me is my clothing style. Though reckon I would rock flared jeans lol

• Lol, I'm sure that flares have come back several times already. Fashion always goes in cycles. Fashion in the 80's was pretty shocking. Everyone looked like an accident in a paint shop.

• That depends on what your current specs are. If you need to upgrade both your processor and your graphics card, it could easily cost twice as much as an Xbox One, especially since upgrading your graphics card might require you to upgrade your monitor as well.

However, if you only need to upgrade one or the other, it will likely be cheaper than buying an Xbox One. I can't offer any more help unless you tell me your specs though.

• Most likely cheaper to get an XBOX, a new graphics card alone to play that game would cost you $200+... then u gotta think about your RAM and your processor as well.

• Upgrade to PC. As a PC gamer... I never wanna go back to consoles. Also cool for being a girl gamer!!! I rarely see girls play video games :)

• They're out there... never met a girl who's into them as much as I am, or as decent as I am. Not including the girl I met last year, no one dis my favourite games from when I was a kid.

• first, let me tell you that dishonored 2 runs pretty bad even on high end PCs.

knowing that, it entirely depends on what PC you have, what else you wanna play and how much you care about graphics quality and fps

• It depends on how retro the game is, but normally I stick to adventure/rpgs and single shooters. So they're all high performance games, with a lot of graphics and memory needed to make it run smoothly

• A decent PC setup is going to cost at least $2000, whereas you could get a brand new console for under $300, a great tv for the same price, and a collection of games while staying under $1000

• upgrade the pc

• Upgrade your pc

• Prob cheaper to buy an xbox
    But upgrading your pc is prob the bette roption for games

• Here's how you buy an X-Box:

1. Go to the X-Boxes.

2. Knock them off the shelf and jump on the boxes until you here crunching sounds.

3. Continue until you hear no crunching.

4. Go buy a fucking PS4.

• If you for through preowned xbox games they're generally cheaper than ps4, plus a load of ps4s overheated and just fucked up for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

• PC much cheaper definitely

• Xbox one.

Because for the upgrade, I'm not sure unless you are going to use the pc purely for gaming, that is makes sense to do so.

If you're playing pc type online games though, then I guess go for it. But you need to have a combo of everything, processor, ram and graphics card coupled with a very decent monitor to get the optimum best.

A console might be about 70% of what a top end gaming pc is and can do, but a console is more compact, better value and more games

• Upgrade pc enough for games. But you can do more on Xbox 1. I actually suggest getting Xbox 1, cause you can watch movies, talk to people, play online games, etc.

• Fair enough but I can do all the others already, I'm looking for the gaming experience been playing consoles since I was 3. Had a couple of games on pc but those don't seem to work no more and I can't find any patches for them.

What Girls Said 1

• I think the extra parts it take to upgrade a PC outweighs an xbox price wise