What to do for youtube?

I m thinking of making a youtube channel but don't exactly know what to make it about. should I sing my own songs or some other songs as well. reaction videos? funny videos or maybe some deep thought videos for helping sad people. can u give me opinions on that

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd say the 3 types of channels in highest demand for the time being are gaming, news, and cosmetics.

If you are looking to actually make a career as a YouTuber, you will have absolutely zero chance of making it big if you don't choose one of these 3 categories. Music won't cut it because Vevo monopolized YouTube for music related videos. If people search for music, they will watch Vevo. Same thing with the Fine Bros and reaction videos.

It would be difficult to make your own news channel, as most successful news channels are owned by a group of professionals - like ThinkTank for instance. But I've seen it done before, ie Keemstar. But if you think about it, his channel is more like gossip about other YouTubers than it is "news".

Gaming would be the easiest by far. Practically anyone with a non annoying voice, a good mic, and a pc fit for video games can pick up a popular game, run Fraps in the background, and upload several vids a day.

Cosmetics would be fairly easy too. Apparently there are a lot of girls taking advantage of YouTube to post makeup tutorials and product reviews. It is in high demand for teenage girls.

If you aren't good at any of those things, you could try vlogging, or making Vine-style videos (which I imagine will explode soon, now that Vine has shut down and people are desperate for entertainment).

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 19

• You should be asking a question about how best to express an idea you already have. If you don't even have the basic idea down - then nothing will amount from us telling you what to do. The core principle should be decided by you. No one will watch a channel that was made simply because the creator was told to do one thing or the other.

• you need to do something you are good at and passionate about.

because it will take a lot of time and effort and some luck to get a noticeable subscription amount. If you don't even know what to do and make something someone else suggested... you will most likely stop in a couple of weeks if no one watches them

• I want to sing my self written songs but I don't know how to get it copyrighted or stuff

• My YouTube videos with giving advice, things you see from
    your point of view about life , You could make funny videos
    I'm a big YouTube fan and got hundreds of people i follow
    some follow me in return and i do give all thumbs up to videos
    i like all kinds of music and got my favorites list of music.

• You kid mix all of it together, that way you get more subscribers as you aren't only producing one type of entertainment. If you can sing then right your own songs, do covers from time to time. And occasionally just make a video about society, mental illness etc.

• How about cd, book, movie, restaurant, bar/club or store reviews and then link them to places in the town/city you live in on Google Maps. Like, say you live in Seattle Wa., go to a park near your residence and observe how clean it is, what there is to do, if it costs anything do stuff (like riding a carousel), how close it is to restaurants and the parking situation. I have a cousin who travels the world for his job and he does this as a hobby but doesn't post anything to YouTube though.

• I ou should do whatever you feel comfortable and especially what you are r really good at...

You might just make money from YouTube too! If you monetize your channel..

Go for it girl!!

And I must say you are very beautiful

• why not do covers?

• You can start to learn from es20490446e
    So that I can learn to listen from different accent

• maybe sing some covers

• Depends
    Whatever you're good at !

• You lack conviction and motivation, you won't get far without those passions. I'm sorry

• If you don't know what you want to do, then sorry...

• think about what you would watch, you can critique it the most then

• Just do whatever your passions and interests are there.

• just do some vlog thing and mix it with some prank videos

• Cookery Orr maybe put up some dance show?

• you're doing it the wrong way around

you make a youtube channel because you have something you want to show

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 1

• reaction videos r good