Is it worth it to spend $1,000 on a pair of really good sounding earphones?

Like, THE BEST pair of earphones EVER? (Shure SE846)

Most Helpful Girl

• No. That'd be the biggest waste of my money.

Most Helpful Guy

• For $1000 those earphones better have superpowers or infinite knowledge about the past, present and future, because there is no way that I will spend 1k on something that simply allows me to listen to music. Hell, the earphones I currently have cost like $8 off of Amazon and they are by far the best ones I've ever purchased.

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 5

• NaAAAHHH

• Hell no that's not worth it. And to think that I felt guilty by spending $650 on a college class.

• $1000? No...

• i wouldn't

• If you can afford it , then yes. You only get what you pay for. I never buy cheap Shit

What Guys Said 11

• No. You can get good quality headphones for $100-$200, but since it's a smaller investment, you could keep buying the newer models when they come out every few years. And they will be durable enough to last that long too.

Even if your $1000 heeadphones are durable enough to last 15 years, by that time, they will be selling better ones for $50.

• Do you already have nice headphones? Do you have an amp? Because if you have nice headphones and no amp an amp will be your next step. Look into something like the objective amps sold by mayflower electronics. If you dont have nice headphones then into something like Audio-technica or Fostek. That would be a good starting off point, if you are upgrading from something like beats or bose, either of those brands would be an upgrade. Also make sure your listening to lose less music, that will be the biggest upgrade to your listening experience. Just when looking for headphones and amps, find something that doesn't color the audio (make it sound different than the original output) because if your headphones do (beats are really bad about this) your music will innately sound worse. So if you already have these things and have $1000 to spend then yeah, go for it.

• Here is the relevant question, what would you be listening to the music from? A headphone DAC/Amp, is this MP3 audio at high bit rate, Flac?

• music downloaded from itunes and cds

• But how is this ripped? MP3 at 320, Apple lossless? If you are using this on 192 bit then you are losing a huge amount of information that would make those phones a waste.

• Hell no. I wouldn't even spend $30 on earphones.

• Who needs headphones when you can play music in your brain?

• You get better protection for you ears, if you really like to have high volume when you listen to music it'll be ok to buy those earphones, but it's not something I would have done.

• Nah. Not worth it.

• Have you even heard them for yourself and compared them to others?

Try these: JVC HAM55X Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones They are what I have and they're $120 right now. They sound better than the beats headphones that are available to try at BestBuy.

• I would never spend close to that much on a pair of earphones. Maybe you can try it first and then if you really like it, keep it. Otherwise find something else more affordable and have really good and high sound quality.

• you can get something just as good for less than $100 or $50.

• No, it's not