Was life more enjoyable when you were a child?

I remember when I was in elementary school - our teacher told us we would get a mcdonalds cheeseburger if we read a certain number of books every month and I would spend 20 days every month thinking about that cheese burger and when I ate it, it was the best thing I had ever tasted.

Now food doesn't make me that happy, nor music, nor people, nor any of the things I used to take pleasure in. I still get pleasure from those things but the happiness is very moderate.

Most Helpful Guy

• It was very simple if we see it now, oh but it wasn't simple for the kid. He learnt different things

Sponsored

What Guys Said 16

• It's all a matter of perspective, in the sense that your wants and needs were simpler when you were younger, consequently the things that made you happy, excited, sad etc. were of lesser consequence, you were less experienced, less knowledgeable, so you had lesser worries, however smaller things upset you, so how enjoyable things might have been is a rather relative statement. there is a tendency to say yes, especially as you age, but this is not an accurate statement as it is being made though a distorted perspective of both age and experience. Now if you could go BACK to that time knowing what you know now, well that might be a different story.

• Not only no but fuck no

• Of course!!

• Yes & no. Kids don't have to pay bills or take stuff seriously, it's just like vacation since you're being taken care of. When you're independent & out and about you can just do what you want, so long as you handle your responsibilities

• Yeah just that I hated school, other than that it was pretty awesome

• Yeah.

• No it was not. I lived in a gang filled dirty welfare white trash city.

• No, my family all past away when I was a child and I'm the only left.

• Well you're a lot less intelligent at that time so no

• Dunno if it was more enjoyable. Definitely different.

• Yes because you have a bigger imagination when your younger

• Not necessarily more enjoyable, just simpler.

• It was better when I was single

• Of course

• Yes. Low responsibilities.

• Yeah definitely

What Girls Said 15

• Life was so much easier and simple. When you grow up and learn that there is more to life, it becomes stressful. You spend most of your life preparing for your future ahead and sometimes it can be a difficult battle.

I think i enjoy my adulthood then i would my childhood. I like the feeling of being my own person and venturing out into the world and doing my own thing.

• no... it was pretty dark.

• Yup. When you're a kid, you just do things that make you happy because you don't have any resposibilities like paying bills etc. And you don't need to worry about anything cus everything is provided by your parents.

• My early years had its ups and downs but it was fun to play with ur friends and not having a care in the world.

• Not more enjoyable. I just got joy out of different things than I do now.

• yeah, good times

• Yes! I was actually happy when I was a child, and all of that is gone now

• Wasn't it for everyone?

• yes i didn't have to worry about diddly shit

• Yes, life is usually more enjoyable as a child. You are at that stage where you are actually doing the most learning, just absorbing what the world has to offer. Also, at this time, you aren't given the responsibility and full expectation of society.

• Yeah it really was.

• Yes life was more enjoyable. Making friends was easy. School work was easy, not stressful & left u feeling drain. U didn't have to work. U didn't know what it felt like to be broke. U didn't have to worry about acne, body issues, etc. U didn't have to worry about heartbreak, friends with benefits, cheating etc. For example if a guy liked you in kindergarten he genuinely liked you. lol, no games.. no lies... no deception.

• Yes, a lot more; I had lots of friends, could play all I wanted, was fairly popular in my classes and I loved school. Now I have to work to pay my own rent and bills and I get really lonely :(

• You become numb to thinks you take for granted. Remember that

• Yeah I had so much fun at the park when I was little and my neighbors always gave me quarters so I could buy stuff at the corner store! LIKEAFFUKINBOSS... Like chips and juices and ice cream and lots of gum balls if that's what I wanted to do with my quarters 😎