Who is your favorite author?

I love Nicholas Sparks, who do you enjoy?

1|1
11|25

Most Helpful Guy

• Nicholas sparks! You must be a romantic lol!

Stephen king, but his books are really dark and evil usually. I stopped reading them for this reason.

1|0
    0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Victor Hugo is my favorite
    Charles Dickens
    Jane Austin is a given

More recent Kate Morton

1|0
    0|1
Sponsored

What Guys Said 24

• Neal Stephenson

He writes books based on technology - but it's not always MODERN technology. For example, he wrote a trilogy (each of the 3 books being about 1200 pages!) that is a historical fiction (a handful of invented characters who interact with real, historical people) about the beginnings/development of modern science during Isaac Newton's time (1660-1720 or so).

He's an amazing writer - the level of research he does is insane - and he can create such texture and depth in a 12-word sentence that most authors couldn't match with an entire paragraph. There's even plenty of humor - I'm often laughing out loud.

If you're interested, I recommend starting with his book "The Diamond Age" - which is about a time in the future when nanotechnology is common, and a rich man has a gifted nano-developer create a book for his 5-year-old (wealthy, privileged) granddaughter that is completely interactive and that is designed to teach her to reject society's restrictions and think for herself - and the book ends up getting stolen and falls into the hands of a 5-year-old white-trash little girl instead.

The book will seem overly-techy at first, but by the first few chapters, you'll be hooked!

upload.wikimedia.org/.../The_Diamond_Age.jpg

1|0
    0|0
    • I love him- if it weren't for Terry Pratchett, he's easily be my favorite.

• The only books I've enjoyed are from Andrzej Sapkowski.

1|1
    0|0
  • I'm not too familiar with very many because I don't read as much as I used to, but I love C. S. Lewis' "The Chronicles of Narnia".

1|0
    0|0
  • Robert Sawyer

1|0
    0|0
  • John Grisham.

1|0
    0|0
  • Michael Crichton for me.

1|0
    0|0
  • Giovanni Verga, but I don't know if he is famous outside the boundaries of my country.

1|0
    0|0
  • Tie between myself, JK Rowling, Sherry Garland and Christopher Paolini and Tolkien

1|0
    0|0
  • Paolo Coelho
    Fredrick Forsyth
    Ramachandra Guha

1|0
    0|0
  • I have too many favourite authors !!

1|0
    0|0
  • Ayn Rand.

0|1
    0|0
  • Me myself and I

0|0
    0|0
  • Nikolai Gogol, probably one of my favorite authors

0|0
    0|0
  • Boz, good humor author.

1|0
    0|0
  • Robert Kiyosaki.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hawthorne, Theroux and Whitman

0|0
    0|0
  • Lovecraft.

0|0
    0|0
  • George Orwell, Ernest Hemingway, Ralph Ellison

0|0
    0|0
  • Rick Riordan

0|0
    0|0
  • Brandon Sanderson. In my opinion, he's the greatest fantasy author of our time.

0|0
    0|0
  • The one, the only, J. R. R Tolkien.

0|0
    0|1
  • Stephen King for sure

0|0
    0|1
  • Laurel K Hamilton she writes about Vampires I love her work!

0|0
    0|0
  • Neal Stephenson

1|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 10

• Matthew Woodring Stover, for his Caine series, which was outright masterful. It mixed genres and storytelling styles and was entirely engrossing. Not for the faint of heart though, very dark and very violent, while also being a contemplation on violence in media and society at large. All wrapped up in a gritty antihero centric fantasy/scifi mashup. Those books pulled off things I didn't think could be done, including make me pick a favorite.

1|0
    0|0
  • As a girl I looove Judy Blume, Ann M. Martin and Paula Danziger because they wrote book series. But now I don't really read more than one book from the same author so it's hard to say. But I'"ll probably say Judith Orloff. her book "Emotional Freedom" will always have a special place in my heart❤️

1|0
    0|0
  • Edgar Allan Poe

1|2
    0|1
  • Terry Pratchett.

1|1
    0|0
  • Dr Gary Chapman, author of the 5 Love Languages :-)

1|0
    0|0
  • Um I really don't have a favourite lol but to name a few

-Abbi Glines
    -Katerina Diamond
    -Lindsey Kelk
    -Tracie Puckett

0|0
    0|0
  • J. K. Rowling

1|0
    0|1
  • JK Rowling

1|0
    0|1
  • Sir Arthur Conan Doule. i love Sherlock Holmes so much!
    and Enid Blyton sometimes lol

1|0
    0|0
  • Nicholas Sparks is amazing. I love Safe Haven. Judy Blume is pretty good too.

0|0
    0|0