Who's the best monster from the Godzilla series?

My personal favorite is Ghidorah. I think he's more badass than Godzilla himself.

Pardon the outdated CGI because many of these are from old films :P

• It's obviously Godzilla/Gojira
  • King Ghidorah
  • Mothra
    Vote C
  • Kumonga
    Vote D
  • Destroyah
    Vote E
  • Godzillasaurus
    Vote F
  • Other
    Vote G
And just to be clear, all of them are physically bigger than Godzilla except Mothra and Godzillasaurus

931

Most Helpful Guy

• King Ghidorah is pretty badass, but Mecha-King Ghidorah is pretty awesome in its own right. If I recall the movies correctly, King Ghidorah was incredibly overpowered. I'm not a big Mothra fan, but that is probably because Mothra was absolute garbage in all the Godzilla video games I loved to play when I was younger lol.

Going by the games alone, Anguirus is actually the most powerful alongside Megalon, but that's just the games. It's mostly since they had overpowered moves (Anguirus had a rolling spike ball attack. Megalon had an impossible-to-deflect drill underground move). I wouldn't say the games are good indicators for strength or coolness factor, but at least we all agree that Jet Jaguar is near the bottom haha

Going by the movies though, I'd imagine King Ghidorah is at the top in terms of power. I mean, the ability to fly, shoot three energy beams at once, along with impressive strength is pretty awesome in it's own right.
    I guess the other obvious choice would be Godzilla considering... well... he's the main character.

• Lol I haven't played the games but yeah Ghidorah is arguably the most powerful in the movies.

And I can see why Mothra was boring in the games. She's actually one of the least powerful in the movies too but she's one of the most interesting characters. She's the only one who's never turned evil.

Most Helpful Girl

Sponsored

What Guys Said 30

• Godzilla,
    Also I think only The picture of Godzilla and Kumonga are CGI, I'm pretty sure the rest are either puppets are guys in suits

• I picked Godzilla since he's like the ultimate badass. I was obsessed with Godzilla when I was a little kid :). I've always had a bit of a soft spot for Mothra too. Also, I do have to admit that I'm outraged that you didn't include the following monsters:

1) Space Godzilla
    vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest
    - Come on now. He's super powerful and can shoot energy beams out of his mouth. That's awesome!

2) Megalon
    img3.wikia.nocookie.net/.../Megalon_9625.jpg

3) Gigan
    upload.wikimedia.org/.../Original_Gigan_1972.jpg

4) Jet Jaguar
    vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest

Granted, this probably would have made the poll too long. Oh well, I love so many of the monsters in the Godzilla series 😍.

• Lol GaG wouldn't let me add more. I ran out of options

• I hear you lol. I was just messing with you. I'm also embarassed to say that as a Godzilla fan, I wasn't familiar with Kumonga or Godzillasaurus. *Sigh* I guess I need to catch up on my Godzilla movies. By the way, it's pretty cool to hear that a girl likes the Godzilla series so much.

• Dr. Daisuke Serizawa, of course, from 1954's Gojira. He kills Godzilla and sacrifices himself doing so. What a hero.
    http://godzilla.wikia.com/wiki/Daisuke_Serizawa

When Ogata confronts Serizawa about the possibility of using Serizawa's Oxygen Destroyer in Tokyo Bay to kill Godzilla and Serizawa says that he is afraid that, once the Oxygen Destroyer is used and it existence is known, Serizawa is afraid that it could "fall into the wrong hands" and be used for evil purposes. In the 1956 Americanized version, Ogata then says something that, seriously, is one of the best life lessons one needs to learn: "You have your fears, which may become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality." Serizawa, upset, recognizes Ogata's logic, destroys his research and goes with Ogata into Tokyo Bay and personally unleashes the Oxygen Destroyer. The monster's agonizing death (below) is very moving.
    To avoid the potential of ever being forced to use the Oxygen Destroyer for evil, Serizawa then severs his hoses so he could not be retrieved and dies at the bottom of Tokyo Bay with Godzilla That's a hero. Really, those scenes are masterpieces as is the original film.

http://www.mefeedia.com/movie/53701614

• Yes. I personally loved the original. This question was about the monsters though (both good and evil)

• To Godzilla, Dr. Serizawa was the most lethal monstrous foe that the kaiju ever faced...

• You do have a point there. He was pretty badass

• RAYMOND BURR!
    From the first Godzilla.
    If that wasn't a Monstrous mis-casting of a Monster of an American (in relation to the stature of his of his co-actors) in the strangest inclusion for a Japanese Production, done so to justify one hell of stretch in attaining some credential to introduce such an original new genre to an American audience, in a tandem release with it's premiere in Japan...

then my entire paradyme that envelopes the definition of "monster" , needs to get Bitch-slapped and sent crying home to it's Mommy!

• They all have cool thing's about them. Probably godzilla. One of my favorite movies is destroy all monsters.

• I like Godzilla and Ghidorah but I voted for Godzillasaurus because it looks more natural, like the dinosaurs from Jurassic Park.

• Godzilla of course... King Ghidorah is pretty damn cool too though... There was one, I think it was Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla and Mechagodzilla had 2 other teammates and one of them looked pretty cool... They still lost though, because Godzilla is so much of a badass! SOOOOO

GOJIRA!

• www.court-records.net/.../bratworth-normal(c).gif

Sorry... I don't know the Godzilla series very well so I guess I will pass on this one.

• Giant spiders do it for me. Trump and Hilary weren't featured in the Japanese cinema, so...

• Have they ever given an explenation how these things can survive and walk, let alone fucking fly whilst being that heavy?

• Yeah all of them do have origin stories. Mothra is literally a godess and she's immortal. Ghidorah has many origin stories depending on which version. They never actualy explained how they can fly, other than the fact that they have wings. And Destroyah was created because of some mutation.

• Mutation or not, you can't fly on Earth if you're as heavy as a small mountain.

• I always found Mothra to be entertaining. The concept of a giant moth is like hilarious. Just bring a giant light bulb humanity..

• B looks cool

• Eh haven't seen the old ones... I've only seen the movie with Jean Reno and actually a week ago the 2014 movie (which sad in my opinion pretty bad lol)

So I'll just stick with Godzilla, can't say anything about the others

• I think im the only person who loved the Jean reno godzilla lol

• Lol i hate seeing clay Godzilla. I prefer cgi

• @DizzyDesii But Japan did the CGI better too

• It's obviously Godzilla. I used to love Godzilla when I was little. I was even Godzilla for Halloween one year.

• Mechagodzilla! Mothra was the worst lol

• Mothra is the bomb. I really like his/her prayer song, as taboo it is for a guy to admit that. It's catchy.

• I'll just say the flying one with three heads.

• I kind of like space Godzilla

• Godzilla

• Godzilla

• Spiders are scary...

• KG for sure

They were gods

• What about Gigan? He's the shit!

• Space Godzilla 100%

• Godzilla of course!!!

• 1|1
  • Spids are cute so I'm going with Kumonga. X3

• Are these all from Japanese films?

• holy freak. I didn't even know they all existed. lol. Guess I need to brush up on my old films <3

What Girls Said 8

• I'm going with King Ghidorah because it takes a special level of character to just be like "yeah I'm a king. Look how I glitter" XD

• I would pick Mothra. Only because the thought of a giant ass moth is a killer moth is amusing and cute when you think about it

• Not sure if I'd call her a killer moth since she's one of the good guys

• She looks like a butterfly/caterpillar/moth lol but I would of found it more interesting if she was a killer moth/caterpillar/butterfly. She is heroic. I think that's the reason why she was appealing, but I still like the though of a killer moth/caterpillar/moth. Mothra could eat people 😂 Or kill people by her big wing wind force XD

• I love Mothra and Godzuki. Cutest of them all.

• I've never watched a movie with Destroyah, but it seems to be an interesting creature.

• King Ghidorah looks cool, like a three-headed dragon, I like that monster.

• Never seen the series ahaha so I chose the pretty moth one.

• I like Godzilla