What are your 3 favorite books of all time? And why?

Most Helpful Girl

• Mijn favoriete boeken zijn Looking for Alaska from John Green, omdat het boek een diepere betekenis heeft. Ja ik heb het in het Engels gelezen haha
    Onder het mes van Tess Geritsson, omdat ik het einde niet had verwacht het heeft echt een mooie twist. En een dodelijk spel van Erica Spindler vind ik ook een mooie thriller ook met een onverwachte twist. Of moest ik dit in het Engels schrijven😂😂

• jij mag altijd gewoon in het Nederlands schrijven
      Look for Alaska heb ik ook gelezen en ook in het Engels
      heb wel eerder een boek van Tess Gerritsen gelezen maar dat boek volgens mij nog niet (af en toe weet ik niet meer what ik wel en niet gelezen heb)

• dan moet je je email adres geven 😉

• Ja ik stuur het ff privé hahha

Most Helpful Guy

• Dante The Divine comedy
    Alberto Moravia, Woman of Rome
    Dostoevsky, The Possessed

What Girls Said 7

• - Homer's Iliad. I'm an ancient history student so this book is basically my version of the bible :P It's a super interesting story and the literary techniques and the way Homer plays with your imagination makes it just so, so fun to read.

- A trilogy not one book, but All For The Game by Nora Sakavic. Has great humour, really interesting and relatable characters and extremely poignant and emotional moments.

- This is a duology, not one book, but Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo. Pretty much the same reason as before - a super interesting and diverse range of characters, some really interesting fantasy elements combined with Victorian elements that is a really fun combination, I found it super funny and the little bit of gore in there is really enjoyable because I'm a creep :P

• 1984- George Orwell
    The Hungry Tide- Amitav Ghosh
    Surely You are Joking, Mr. Feynman - Richard Feynman

• why these ones?

• 1984 because of the fact that many of the things in it are so relevant even today. Also the way it is written.. Just fabulous
      Hungry Tide because it talks about the much less known events in a less known land (even if most part of it is fictitious) and the conflict between humans and environmental issues.
      Last one because it is funny inspiring and unputdownable. I can read it any time, any where and from any point.

• Surely you're joking Mr. Feynman is an excellent read. I second this.

• I have four, I love them all because of their combination of emotions, enthralling descriptions, lots of love -- I love romance -- These authors are awesome. I love their imaginations as displayed in these books.
    Pride and Prejudice - Jane Austen
    Freckles - Gene Stratton Porter
    Little Women - Louisa May Alcott
    Harry P:otter series - J. K. Rowling.

• Storm of Swords (Game of Thrones Series)
    Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte
    Tess of the d'Urbervilles - Thomas Hardy

• - The lord of the rings trilogy, I can't pick a favourite but if you made me choose... return of the king.
    - Jane Eyre
    - Dracula

• Carrie by Stephen King

• Most books by Lois Duncan

• because her books are original. She teaches lesson in her books without even trying to rub it in the face- hey this is the lesson of this book.

Her books her full of suspense but not the kind where you wanna skip to the end to find out.
      It's the kind where you want to read each and every page because every page has something interesting going on.

The characters are not immature, or cliche like books these days. Her characters are different, unique and my lovable. Though there are villains as well.

She doesn't follow trends; not does she wrote books to please readers; to get popular or whatnot. Her books are her ideas; she puts what she likes not what's trending. (Think love triangle; cheating; etc)

What Guys Said 5

• born of fury by sherrilyn Kenyon, for it's sense of family and loyalty, call of the wild by Mark Twain I think? just because, and most Chinese wuxia/xianxia, you might not have heard of them but you'll be hard pressed to find more badass mofos in a book, if interested check out the ones that are in the process of being translated,(some have thousands of chapters) at wuxiaworld. com, it's legit too, they have permission from the authors

• Game of thrones because its a really good book and I hate the show because I just disappointed when I watched season 2, Sherlock Holmes series because I've always been curiously about being detective and crimes.

• Macbeth
    Wuthering heights
    David copperfield

• Atlas Shrugged, Starship Troopers, Accelerando / Old Man's War [tie]

• Mein Kampf, Swallows and Amazons, The Very Hungry Caterpillar.