Would you take out a loan to by a guitar?

Would you take out a loan for a guitar for $11,000?
I found a really cool guitar for 11 grand and thought about taking out a loan for it.
For all you music lovers out there, or even guitar collectors would you spend that kinda money on a guitar?

518

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't.

Getting a loan for a purchase which is not essential, is always a bad idea. Save first. You pay less over all for the item, and you don't NEED it right now.

The exceptions are when the thing you're buying is going to start making you money immediately. Then it may be worthwhile to borrow money to get it, if the interest rate on the loan is less than your ROI.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you're an avid guitar player and really going to put some heart and soul into your music making, then yes. You can't put a price on your passion and dreams. However... do I think that's crazy? Hell yes! But that's because I would never spend much on a guitar. I have hobbies that I would spend a shit ton of money on that people would think I'm crazy for, but it's my passion. No amount of money is going to keep me from it.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 17

• Hell no, I'd rather buy a car for that kinda money. Guitars don't really sound better or have any advantages past the $3,000 price point or so.

• 1|0
  • unless it's for your job and pays back over time... no. in my opinion you shouldn't take that big loans for things you buy just for fun but that's just me...

• Nope that would be a waste of money for me.

• Yes. If I had a passion to play it.

• I pay attention to my guitar's ability then consider it.

• Can't say that I would at this particular time in my life but then again, it's not up to me what you do if that's what you really feel for.
    I could question you endlessly but in the end you'll be the one making this decision. 👽

• Only if I was a musician who's life depended on it.

• Absolutely not

• If I was super rich and it would be a very special guitar I could maybe buy it. But I wouldn't take a loan for it. What guitar is it?

• in my mind loans are for houses and college nothing else. SAVE for it

• No. Why can't you play a lesser instrument until you can afford to buy it outright?

• Nobody is going to approve a loan for a guitar.

• No. That money is most likely just aesthetics and not how good the acoustics are.

• NO that isn't something I'd take out a loan for , for that kind of money I'd be talking about something essential if I needed a loan

• even if you do, how are you going to pay it back? did you think that through?

• I have a job I can pay it back no problem

• well in my opinion, its not worth it. what can a 11k guitar do that a 200-1k guitar cant?

• Only if it's going to make you 11 grand back fast

What Girls Said 4

• WOW! $11,000? That's a hell of a lot for a guitar. What makes it so expensive? Is it acoustic? Electric?

I bet you could buy a really awesome one for a couple grand (if you really wanted to) or even under. Fenders make awesome guitars. Top of the range ones are under $4000

• No. There are alternatives to achieving more affordable guitars. You could go to a second hand shop, get one online like Ebay, save up for one with reasonable pricing. I don't think guitars should even cost that much. Lol.

• no i wouldn't

• Hell no