"World without religions" would be better or not?

Ayy homies what do y'all say?

Most Helpful Girl

• No, it gives some people a reason to live

What Girls Said 10

• No because some people. Need it to survive. Dogma is the problem.

I think if you are religious you should respect other alternate forms of religion in general. Pope Francis is a god send when it comes to this.

I'm not religious but my POV is that people are the problem not religion. People of little true faith use churches and it's teachings to do bad things.

I think people that are truly religious try to understand or tolerate all. I've known so many Muslims that do exactly this. I've known some that will even go to mass or service with a neighborhood friend as a sign of solidarity and understanding.

I will default back to my usual stance that Muslims. As GW Bush stated days after 9/11 Muslims aren't the enemy. Islam is peace Islam is love. I remember these words but thank Aziz for repeating them last night on SNL.

You can get rid of religion but it won't solve the conflict. Radicals are using religion as a thin veil.

The IRA was mad because their ethnic group was being surpressed and mistreated in what qualifies as an apartheid state in Northern Ireland. It wasn't a religious conflict nor are the ones today.

It's about one group surpessing another.

• I agree that some people need it as a crutch, but I think there could be non-religious ways to support those people.
      I was going to ask how you could say that the NI conflict wasn't religious, when there is no racial difference between Northern Ireland and Eire, only religious, but I see ethnic incudes nationalistic, and the English treated the Irish very badly, so you're right. Religion certainly didn't help, though.

• @goaded I'm so sorry. I didn't realize you were German until just now looking at your profile or I wouldn't have mentioned the Holocaust.

I don't blame Germans personally for the Holocaust, especially not ones that weren't even alive to live through it.

It could happen anywhere as we are now getting to experience in the US. Please accept my sincere apology.

• No worries, I'm not German, I'm English. My family's 50-50. :)

• Better? Maybe not but different is a hella yes. More people might be committing suicide because there is no hope, or nothing to believe in. There would be no diversity; the world would be black and white without viewing it from different perspectives about how creation started. And maybe less creativity and less history.. everyone would believe only one thing only; science. And that means no harry potter 😭😭😭

• Without religion, yes. Without spirituality, no.

• A ton better.

• It'd be hella different, maybe not better because lots of problems would be solved but there'd be new adversities to deal with.

• No because people want to believe in something higher

• Not. Because people will always think that "I can make a sin" "no one will judge me" there will be chaos! People will not know what is right and wrong, good and bad, people will not know what is a sin.

• I'm not saying there won't be god

• If that's the case, having no religion but there is still God, then I would still say, it won't be better since people gather together by their religion, they have traditions and cultures, their beliefs make them gather and be united. But i strongly say, IT WOULD BE BETTER IF WE ONLY HAVE ONE RELIGION. Bottomline!

• Not better because for some people religion is the only thing that holds them from doing bad things

• Ayyy homie I don't think it would be better without it

• Depends on the religion

What Guys Said 19

• No different.

• Normally i would say yes. But there are more complications.

Religions shaped for hope and guidance from the first place. Many people can't live without it. Many people feel weak on their own. They must believe there is something bigger who is looking after them. They feel empty if they don't live their lives for something afterlife.

-Eternal life help some people to not fear death.
    -Fear of god makes people to not make any bad moves.
    -Sake of god makes people to follow good moral and manner.
    -Religion guidance and all the beautiful stories in it give people hope, energy and a reason to live.
    -Religion keeps a particular track on human health and hygiene (specially it worked on older ages)
    -Praying and communication with a high power is a form of relief and psychologically calming. It keeps people peaceful and hopeful.
    -Look around, usually god appears in people's lives when they have trouble. When people feel naive, they need to believe there is a high power that they can reach and ask for help.
    -Talking to god is the most effective therapy in the world. You speak your heart out, you vent, rant and cry. You share all your secrets and pour your feelings out. No one to point a finger at you, no one to judge you, no one to scream back at you, no one to shout at you, no one to insult you, no one to stop you, you say everything you must say instead of having an archive of unspoken words. That makes you feel light, calm and relieved. It's like a self therapy and some people need it.

Besides, look how popular the superhero movies become. Humans desire to watch out superheroes and limitless power, a bigger power, a leader, a superhero, someone to save them, someone to rely on. It's human nature. Religion is another form of Comic and humans need it.

• It's hard to say, because religion actually does bring about some benefits such as a greater sense of community and stronger family units. A religious setup often has a better framework of respect built into it.

That said, religion is used as an excuse for wielding and seeking power, manipulating people and starting genocides. Countless lives have been lost in the name of religion, but then people will always find reasons to alienate one another and to fight one another. If not over religion then it will be over gender, sexuality, race, whatever.

• Actually, they have their excuse for their violence. It's in their book.

• @BoySittingOnTheMoon Whether it was or wasn't it wouldn't matter. Religion or no religion, there will be war, genocide and racial hatred. It's a human thing, religion is just the easiest reason to fall back on.

• People have a basic need, to believe in something greater than themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fu-uplbi4Sk

• I thought long and hard and decided yes. No religious wars (sure there would still be wars, but religion clouds some judgements.) Africa, the Middle East and Asia have been torn apart by this for centuries, same with Europe and the Americas. There are so many crimes against humanity committed in the name of religion. It has too much of a hand in our politics. It discourages pragmatism.

• Religions cause so much hate and wars. Plus, religion brainwash people. So, yes a world without religion is better.

• Probably

• Yes indeed. It wouldn't solve everything but it'd be a more honest and rational world, which I see as a good thing.

• I don't think there would be much of a difference really, people just wouldn't have the excuse when they do something terrible

• Yes, it would be much better actually.

• John Lennon "no hell below us, above us only sky". Sign me up man ☮️❤️

• Although I think religions are harmful I think they should exist because they allow intelligent people to keep thinking :D

• of course not.

you have extremists but, for the most part, religion is OK to have

• The world would not be better, it would be like the world of Mad Max.

• It would most certainly be better as religion is the number 1 cause for oppression war and hatred.

• most likely

• not.

• Better without Islam for sure.