Since many Rock and Metal artists are Christians, why there are claims that Rock-related music is "Satanic"?

This actually started way before, during the Blues era. Blues were considered "Devil's music" back then, and Rock music is heavily based on Blues.

But I have seen for example Skid Row in their debut album credits, in the Thanks list mention "God", or David Coverdale from Whitesnake, say "God bless you!", at the end of a Live Set. And so many others...

Actually it seems like there are more believers in the Rock world than in the Pop world. So why this claim?

Most Helpful Guy

• You know, in the end this is just representative of the time-honored tradition that is the misunderstanding of youth by adults. I remember growing up and seeing the "KISS" posters and hearing parents say that the band was evil (with their makeup!!!) and the claims that the title was an acronym for Kids in the Service of Satan or something. But you listen to the music now, listen to the lyrics and it's so ridiculously tame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVFU4qc7nhs

So yeah, I don't know what people are thinking but I assume that I'm just a couple years away from being as crazy as every other generation of 40+ individuals.

Sponsored

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• Most of them just choose dark lyrical themes because they consider them cool. Tom Araya from Slayer is a good example - he's a practicing Catholic, but writes "Satanic" lyrics.

tbh pop music encourages people to sin way more than rock and metal do. It's just that their music itself is more palatable and that makes trash like Taylor Swift and Katy Perry "A-list entertainers" even though they're both rubbish singers.

• There is no such thing as satanic music. However, many satanists including myself listen to black/death metal