Can a guy and girl be just friends?

I thought it was possible until now. I want a girl bestie but romance comes in between all the time. Either I catch feelings for the girl or she catch feelings for me. Shit is real 😂 LOL... Please help :P

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah ofc but no if theyre attracted to each other and pretend to be friends

Sponsored

What Girls Said 13

• Yes guys and girls can just be friends. You may have a stronger attraction to the other person but you don't have to act on it. You just have to have self-discipline. LOTS of self-discipline 😝

• Teach me mom

• Step into my office, son. There's not much to say really, you just have to control yourself. But if you like her, then you should tell her. Guys and girls can be friends but maybe she's not the one who's meant to just be your friend.

• I'm coming 😂

• You can. I've been friends with a guy now for 13 years now and we're getting along perfectly. We meet whenever he's home over midterm and it's great.

• Yep. I've had friends who are guys, successfully. Fair enough, most of the time someone does catch feelings. But sometimes it works.

• Yea I'm best friends wiv a guy called Harvey and there's nothing romantic in it. There's only friendship flirting banta

• yeah why not

• Yes they can

• Its bound to happen, I think about the possiblity all the time with my guy best friend and we have tried it once. It failed because we decided that our friendship was more important than us trying for a relationship that could possibly not work out. It is all up to you.

• Yes :)

• lol yeah it's possible

• Yeah sure they can

• If one of them is gay lol

• Yeah they can I have several just friends that are guys

• yeah, it is possible

What Guys Said 12

• If you aren't attracted to the girl enough to want to attempt to make a move, you can be just friends. I happen to sexually look at some of my female friends, yet, I still don't care to ask her out because she isn't attractive enough to me, even though she is since she's a girl. If you'd want to ask a girl out at any time, you most likely won't be able to stay friends with her. Sexual/romantic attraction will get in the way, and you will attempt to make a move when she may or may not wish to be led by you. Ask yourself this whenever you're interested in a girl: Would I ever want to ask her out even though she could give me a boner by sexually touching me? If no, you can be friends with this girl. If yes, attempt a relationship and move on if she doesn't reciprocate, because you won't be able to stay friends with this girl.

• I assume so, never happened with me I haven't related to many girls in a friendship way, and usually just stick to dating.

• Yeah, but if they like each other it'll be hard. Sooner or later they'll become a couple

• IMPOSSIBLE

• Nope and believe me it doesn't work perfect 😆

• Since when can it not?

• of course

• Yes it's possible I've known girls who I was just friends with

• Ask Jorah Mormont.

• lol i think it's very hard but also can depend on the person. Hasn't always worked for me it some how becomes friends with benefits till one of you start dating someone or a open relationship

• I know it's plenty possible. Have done all my life.

• it is possible