Aren't any of you guys sick and tired of Hollywood constantly rebooting movies these days with either an all-female cast?

a racially changed original character or a LGBTQ character randomly thrown in there?

I know I am. Hollywood rebooting Ghostbusters with an all-female cast (which bombed at the box office) being a perfect example.

I'm all for being fair to women, minorities and homosexuals being given a movie to be main stars as action heroes or comedy and stuff but not when it's a reboot that rides the coattails of the originals that had original characters who were either originally of a different race, gender or sexual orientation. If the women, minorities and homosexuals successfully main-starred movies that were original, then I'd be happy for them.

Unfortunately, that will never happen due to Hollywood's lack of originality and forcing SWJ philosophies down on movie audiences' throats these days.

• Yes
  • No
  • Others
    Vote C
Select a gender to cast your vote:
*SJW*

713

Most Helpful Girl

• You know that Hermoine from Harry Potter was black in the books? Yup. Black. Rowling went with Emma Watson because she was a better actress, and there were little to none black actresses back then.

Why do they make remakes like this? Because what you call 'minorities' (which I find degrading) were probably better actors and actresses, they wanted to represent EVERYONE in society instead of just white cis dudes. So sorry your privilege doesn't always work out.

Most Helpful Guy

• Not really, I just don't watch the reboots

What Girls Said 6

• Not particularly. I don't like when they remake films but if they add another film onto a series and there's a cast change or whatever, I don't really care.

• What all female remake has there been besides Ghostbuster? What LGBTQ character is being forced upon you?
    You don't like it don't watch it. You still have more options then minorities due.

• They're making Ocean's 8 with an all-female cast.

• Never heard of it so I did a search. It won't come out until 2018 too soon for a judgement call. They should of done a movie on Stephanie St. Clair instead.

• You are so right, we should stick with how the Europeans of the olden ages did it. Men dressed in drag playing all the female characters !

• I never implied that but okay.

• That'd be great though wouldn't it? Let's never make things new and different ever again.

• Am I tired of reboots? Yes, fucking stop it. Make something original for once.
    Am I sick of all female/race change/LGBTQ cast? what, this isn't a problem.

• An all womans cast might work if the movie is a good one, but unfortunately Hollywood is too lazy and doesn't do that.

• 0|0

What Guys Said 12

• Yeah, and it kinda ruins the point of their movie. They're rebooting these movies with an all-female cast to be like "ohh women so powafulllll" but in reality it's showing women are so inept they can't even come up with a new movie, they have to use men's ideas to show how powerful they are.

But it's Hollywood, they're just doing it for the money, in the end, the people who go watch those movies are the same ones that march the streets dressed like cunts.

• I voted no but i wanted to vote yes. Yeah tired of seeing these things being rebooted. I dont like reboots. I know now new technology exists but the movies already exist... Just make new ones.

You know i haven't watched a single movie last year. I dont want to be exposed to all these movies.

I think what they do to movies is so insulting to minorities. It gives me the image that if whites dont go out of their way to give roles to minorities then minorities wouldn't have any roles at all, so insulting. Its called white savior complex or something.

• Im tired of seeing movies being rebooted in general. The feminist/LGBT/diversity that excludes White people touch is added for ideological reasons and makes things much worse. Political correctness is ruining the society as a whole, they ruin entertainment as well.

• The only all-female cast I can think of is Ghost Busters. But, yes, I do agree-- these PC reboots are terrible

• I'm sick of reboots. I don't care about the all female cast except for the Ghostbusters which was awful.
    Everyone knows that women aren't funny, but the rest of the remakes it doesn't matter if they're women or not.

• Yeah they're running out of ideas. What's sad though, many people think some of these movies are 'brand new' but it's really all a cash cow

• forced diversity 😡

• They need new stuff, and I don't mean that they should put more gays in.

• i don't really care as long as the movie is good

• The new Ghostbusters was blasphemous

• As far as I know, Ghostbusters are the only reboot with all-female cast.
    I'm sick and tired of historically incorrect movies, for example "black (Afro) knights in medieval England" (or even black nobleman). I'm not a racist but let's face the facts, there were no black royalty or knights in Europe (or anywhere else in the world, only tribal communities in Africa).

• Yes it's quite annoying, just leave the original alone and come up with a new idea instead adding to it like that when it just changes the whole plot of the original