A girl I don't know overly well invited me to see a nude art exhibition with her - but she has a boyfriend. Am I reading too far into this?

She's someone I know from university, but not very well. I've probably only spoken to her a few times in person, and maybe 5-10 conversations online over the past year.

Can anyone help me understand why she'd chose to ask a guy she hardly knows to go to something like this?

22

Most Helpful Girl

• If she's serious, and not joking, she may be in one of those "open" relationships and trying to get with you. Thats the only thing I can think of because this doesn't happen unless she's interested in you. Who lies, maybe she's planning to break it off with her boyfriend but wants to see if the grass really is greener before she does. It's just odd.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, you're reading too much into it. The art scene is totally different with its social ideas. Nudity is something I found is embraced because it is in art strictly art. It is the shape that matters, not our preconceived notions that we attach to them; the nudity in art is too take on a new meaning in its new context.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 1

• She probably likes art don't read too deeo

What Guys Said 1

• like everyone else who wants to become famous, she is attempting to generate "fans." She would like to count you among them, if nude art is something you can appreciate.

• she isn't in the exhibition - it's at a national art gallery, they're paintings.

• oh. huh. I don't know, then. It is odd, but I always err or the side of assuming a girl isn't interested in me. That hasn't exactly worked out, so I wouldn't recommend the same to you. Just 'be cool,' I guess. If she invited you and wants to 'go further,' then the fact that she invited you suggests she's more likely to make her true intentions known, if she has them.