What's your most favorite video game generation/era?

• NES/Sega Master System era
  • SNES/Gameboy/Sega Genesis era
  • PS1/N64/Gameboy Color/Sega Saturn era
    Vote C
  • PS2/Dreamcast/Original Xbox/Gamecube era
    Vote D
  • PS3/Xbox 360/Nintendo Wii/PSP/Nintendo DS era
    Vote E
  • Today's era
    Vote F
  • Others
    Vote G

Most Helpful Girl

• Considering my PS3 has been gathering dust since I was a teen and I haven't played any others I voted E.

Most Helpful Guy

• For those around my age, I don't think anything really tops the excitement of playing Super Mario World for the first time after only owning a Nintendo and/or SMS.

I almost want to compare the greatness of opening up my Super Nintendo for Christmas and playing Super Mario World for the first time to the first time I had sex.

The SNES/Masterdrive era to me was one of the most interesting. It was still uniform and the 3D craze had not taken over yet. The greatest sprite work and raster graphics was achieved then as I see it.

• I think the difference between Nintendo and SNES in particular was one of the most interesting leaps.

SNES to N64/Saturn/PS1 wasn't quite as interesting to me unless you really had a huge thing for very chunky-looking primitive 3D rasterization. I hated that look personally and even those who looked it didn't seem quite as excited as when we first went from NES to SNES/Masterdrive.

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 11

• The Dreamcast era. That was the magical era right before DLC and online multiplayer ruined everything.

• Between nes and ps1. Good old hard fkin times. No saving. Games hard. Actually required brains. Nowadays people have it easy. Games are starting to become extremely easy, like they re retarted-friendly or something.

• Mine was before all that, I used Atari and colecovision

• My brother in-law had an Atari with the game cartridges. Games have came so far since

• @El_Muffidore yeah I know but at the time it was like the best thing ever, better than that ping pong game you hooked up to the tv and that's all you could play, lol

• Sure old stuff brings nostalgia but dude todays games are so much fun

But then again I look back on old games I played as a kid and they looked so real

• Ps1 and GameCube era. Back when games were simple, cheap and actually fun to play.

• Xbox 360, I miss the good call of duties and halo 3

• I love the Ps4

• Most of my great video game memories are from the PS2 and PS3 generations.

• PS3 - PS4

• the Nintendo 64. Golden Eye.

• none , I don't play any video games