Have you read the Odyssey?

I'm reading it for my classical studies class atm. It's a pretty good plot line, although it tends to get side tracked easily and the language sometimes makes it harder to understand. My teacher recommended reading it twice but I don't know if I have the time for that tbh.

if you're read it, what did you think of it?

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 18

• I liked it.

• I seen the movie but never read the book.

• I'd hate to be the "best" men on his ship since the best ones are always the ones that seem to die in his crew.

I thought it was okay. I enjoyed the Illiad more.

• Ten years after the fall of Troy, the victorious Greek hero Odysseus has still not returned to his native Ithaca. A band of rowdy suitors, believing Odysseus to be dead, has overrun his palace, courting his faithful -- though weakening -- wife, Penelope, and going through his stock of food.

www.gradesaver.com/the-odyssey/study-guide/summary read summary here...

• i really liked it ^^ it's one of the most Classic stories and many books nowadays are based on it, or on the type of story

• I think I read that in school, but I don't remember much about it. I have 'I, Claudius', and it's pretty good.

• I read parts of it when I was in high school. I thought it was pretty cool, but it definitely depends on the person. A lot of people in my class hated it. I also struggled a lot with the language

• I have

• I read it freshman year of highschool. The entire plot is sidetracking lmao. Good book

• I have and the Illiad as well.

• I read it in my teens, it's a very good story

• Yes. It's not one of my favorites.

• Read Ramayana Luci. by the way I am ready to give you the link of the cult, message me, because the wolves' cult you claim to follow is satanic its related to Canis the god of mars and the face on moon its symbol (now you know the meaning of howling wolf )

• I read a long time ago.

• Yes I have.

• I'm sure the Giants of literature will take your feedback on board for next time

• I don't remember

• Yes!

What Girls Said 11

• I'm an ancient history student so I have the Odyssey imprinted on my brain 😂 It's a great story though I prefer the Iliad.

• I have read it while I took a vacation from school!
    Watch out for the ending... Athena's really cool!

• i tried reading it it was too hard. like i had to repeat the same page more than once to understand it, and i didn't completely understand it >_<

• I read it freshman year in high school but I don't remember it that much it's been awhile. I did like it however i liked how adventurous it was and that the main character was human.

• No but I been hearing great things about it lately, maybe ill check it out

• Read it last year. I liked it, but the language was a little difficult to get through.

• I think when I was in school

• Original text or the adaptations?

• Not yet
    We have to read it some months later in school

• Yeup, it was alright.

• I had to translate the original text in high school so yes I have.