What (doesn't) work for you in mobile games?

I'm currently working on a game for my final project and I'm kind of stuck atm.

So when you're playing a mobile game, what makes you play more/less?

Do you like the ads or only when there are dome rewards?

Why would you stop/ keep playing?

Is a good storyline needed for you or do you prefer games like e. g. Flappy Bird?

38

Most Helpful Guy

• What helps me keep on playing a game -

- A high score that I can strive to beat
    - Variety in gameplay. Repeating the exact same level sucks, it shoul be warried, like minesweeper or tetris.
    -Pleasant visuals. Should have some colours but not too much. But neither should it be without them.
    -Can be easily put down or stopped at any moment without having to waste precious seconds to pause. Because I won't be always glued to my phone and will want a way to quickly let go if need be.

Most Helpful Girl

• The random ads annoy me

I do like it when there are rewards, but optional

Stop: when I'd get bored
    Keep: when there's a challenge

Nah not needed :)

Sponsored

What Guys Said 7

• yo kind of late answer but hopefully you still need help? It all depends on your target audience as far as what you take from these questions. younger audience tippically like simple as older audience like a bit more complex. For me there needs to be a story of somewhat so I don't feel like I'm just doing things for no reason. A good story is always nice but as long as it easy to follow and understandable it will do. As far as ads it all depends. No ads are always great but if they are needed to be put in the game for revenue standpoint I would put it where it not disturbing the flow of gameplay to much and if there is an option to watch more ads for more rewards is always nice. What keeps me playing is if the game can separate itself from other games in the same category as it. there are lots of things that turn me away from games but tippically overly long tutorial and instant pay to win aspect vibe from the game are instant turn offs for me for a game.

• For mobile games I'm only interested in arcade style play that has a high score I aim to beat, I never play mobile storyline based games. Currently playing Colour Switch cause it's fun, easy, simple controls (only tap the screen to jump) and makes you want to beat your score (or E's score, which I have by a mile 😉😂). Also playing One More Brick, for reference of what I'd call a good mobile game.

• I like the idea of a game that is multi-player but can also be played offline, or even via Bluetooth, ads area a bother and I usually try to patch them out of any kind of application that has poorly placed or obnoxious ads. Charging lots of money for gems ($100 for a 1000 gems or whatever) has ruined most games, as it simply makes it pay to play, and is ridiculously easy to bypass where a person can install the game, patch it, buy 100 million gems, purchase everything in the game and start level one killing level 20 veterans who have been farming for months. I see that as being slightly off balance, and it's all due to the fact that the developers are greedy, and want people to spend more and more of their money buying gems. Well now because of the pay to play scam, their are scams posing as games, that are flooded with cheaters. Any honest player is a fool to try and compete in any pay to play game.

• I like puzzle games or a serious action/RPG. If it looks too cartoony, I skip it.

• i want to see sexy women there 😂😂

• FUCKING ADDS And MICROTRANSACTIONS

• i like to see what objectives are left to do i am done when objectives are done

What Girls Said 2

• If there's too many ads then no xD if the game makes you try beat your high score then it gets addicting

• Ads are annoying. The whole waiting for lives thing usually makes me quit.