Did you know Elvis Presley didn't write his own songs?

• Yes
    57%(4)65%(11)Vote70%(7)
  • No
    43%(3)35%(6)Vote30%(3)

Most Helpful Girl

• Did not know that :o did ray orbison write his own songs?

• Nope, Ray Orbison never wrote any songs, in fact Ray Orbison never even sang except maybe in the shower. Tho Roy Orbison did write most of his songs, he even wrote the songs for his movie Fastest Guitar Alive. Did you know Roy originally wrote Only the Lonely for Elvis, but Elvis turned it down for not being good enough, so Roy gave it to the Everly Brothers who persuaded him to record it him self, so Roy recorded it him self and it became a #2 hit in the us and a #1 hit in the UK.

• And now you do :D.

• indeed i do :p

Most Helpful Guy

Sponsored

What Girls Said 3

• Yeah, I did the Graceland tour and this is one of the things they talk about. He's still a great entertainer and artist as a performer.

• No I didn't. But a lot of artists, especially today, don't write their own. There are a handful of genuinely good songwriters and artists (eg. Sia, ed Sheeran) but so many just pay others to write it and they sing it.

• Yup, and some of his dance moves were stolen.
    It isn't a secret anymore.

What Guys Said 7

• Yes.

• Oh no. My life has been affected.

• Nope, not surprised...

• So he didn't write 'Don't be Cruel'? Well that sucks.

• Yes, but he is still a legend.

• none of them? at all? not even sometimes? o. o no I didn't know that. that's crazy. never really thought about it. Doesn't change the fact that NOBODY could perform them like he did though. That's why he is the man :) I wish song writers got more credit for their amazing lyrics though.

• no but it wouldn't really surprise me